iOS 7 apps not downloading

anon(4706822)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've notice this has been happening more and more lately and I can't find a solution other than removing my SIM card and reinserting it.

While on wifi at home or work or anywhere else I will attempt to download an app or update one. What I am left with is the downloading icon continuously spinning with no progress change or app appearing on my home screens.

And when I retap it it goes gray.

utymaba7.jpg

Anyone else having this problem?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You did mention while on WIFI at home or work. It seems like everything is working properly although I myself never download or update from my phone. I always do both action tethered to iTunes. Have you tried that to see if it makes a difference first before proceeding to troubleshoot any further? It would not hurt and then post back here please.

One last thing I just noticed, First what device are you attempting this on and underneath your icon it says you are using 5.1.1. Are you on the latest OS for your device and this an oversight of not updating your profile with the latest OS you are using?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You did mention while on WIFI at home or work. It seems like everything is working properly although I myself never download or update from my phone. I always do both action tethered to iTunes. Have you tried that to see if it makes a difference first before proceeding to troubleshoot any further? It would not hurt and then post back here please.

One last thing I just noticed, First what device are you attempting this on and underneath your icon it says you are using 5.1.1. Are you on the latest OS for your device and this an oversight of not updating your profile with the latest OS you are using?

I've had the same issue as the OP stated above but mine happens when my internet connection is slow or not responding. (iOS 7 on 4S, 5S, iPod touch 5th gen)

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've notice this has been happening more and more lately and I can't find a solution other than removing my SIM card and reinserting it.

While on wifi at home or work or anywhere else I will attempt to download an app or update one. What I am left with is the downloading icon continuously spinning with no progress change or app appearing on my home screens.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/15/utymaba7.jpg

It could be a wifi issue. Turn off wifi and see if the downloads work. I have seen this once or twice when the wifi connection is not working properly (like what acerace stated).

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/15/utymaba7.jpg

Tap the circle to stop it and then tap on update once again. It usually gets them going for me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2