How to Jailbreak iOS7.04 with Evasi0n

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Do we need to restore iOS 7 via iTunes's as I read all IOS 7 upgraded via OTA jailbreak will not work.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Yes It is recommended to restore via iTunes before you JB as the OTA has caused some problems with the JB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Very dumb question, but how do you download ios 7.0.4 through iTunes? I already have it, but it was OTA update (iPad 3) and I have been trying all day to jailbreak with evasi0n. It goes along fine until it gets to "modifyfs" and then it just disappears. The download box on my computer (Windows) just drops out and it's over. I've repeated the process 6 times today and it drops out at the same point every time - at "modifyfs."

I have made sure I have enough memory, I have made sure settings allowed "apps from outside sources," and I have my pass code turned off. Then I saw it mentioned here that OTA updates for 7 could be a problem, so I've gone through iTunes / App Store and don't see how I can reload update from there. What silly, obvious thing am I missing? :)

Kasumie

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Sooooooo, did I download the wrong evasi0n jailbreak? Because the one I got from Ultimate jailbreak and unlock wizard - jailbreak and unlock iPhone - iPad - iPod which had a link to Best Cydia Apps / Tweaks / Mods / Themes and from there it linked back to jailbreak-me so I assumed it was safe.. Anyways, is this where to get evasi0n?

Because, as I was trailing off earlier, the one I downloaded earlier was riddled with bloatware. I had to use REVO to uninstall crap despite clicking DECLINE on the stupid download. *THEN* it left behind remnants of itself after removing it. Malwarebytes didn't like it. Some Somoto.A named FileFrog.

I do not trust something that is going to do that. People that are going to jailbreak their phones don't typically enjoy bloatware. I don't know a single person who does enjoy bloatware. So, I'm hoping these two sites are scam sites trying to get money off of evasi0ns firmware? Cause I'm not installing the exe it downloaded.

Is evasi0n the only team who is jailbreaking right now?

Would appreciate a response. Thanks

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sooooooo, did I download the wrong evasi0n jailbreak? Because the one I got from Ultimate jailbreak and unlock wizard - jailbreak and unlock iPhone - iPad - iPod which had a link to Best Cydia Apps / Tweaks / Mods / Themes and from there it linked back to jailbreak-me so I assumed it was safe.. Anyways, is this where to get evasi0n?

Because, as I was trailing off earlier, the one I downloaded earlier was riddled with bloatware. I had to use REVO to uninstall crap despite clicking DECLINE on the stupid download. *THEN* it left behind remnants of itself after removing it. Malwarebytes didn't like it. Some Somoto.A named FileFrog.

I do not trust something that is going to do that. People that are going to jailbreak their phones don't typically enjoy bloatware. I don't know a single person who does enjoy bloatware. So, I'm hoping these two sites are scam sites trying to get money off of evasi0ns firmware? Cause I'm not installing the exe it downloaded.

Is evasi0n the only team who is jailbreaking right now?

Would appreciate a response. Thanks

All official jailbreak tools are free and do not include bloat ware or anything like that and don't require a survey. Currently this is the only official iOS 7 jailbreak:
http://evasi0n.com
And yes evasi0n is the only team currently that is developing & releasing jailbreaks.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

samanthpad

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.. We can jailbreak our device within 5 minutes of time.

1. Download Evasi0n,
2 Connect our device
3. execute application and wait end of Evasi0n

This is one of the best jailbreak tool we can used to iOS 6 and running devices.

I have used Redsn0w earlier to jailbreak my device. Both of these tools are free for us.

We can follow iMore step by step guide for jailbreak with Evasi0n

This guides are so much useful to us.

Jailbreak important part is backup your device before start jailbreak

Alienspace

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Back up your phone via iCloud or iTunes. Then in iTunes click Restore and select Restore as new if it asks. This will automatically download the current iOS software and install it. Them restore from backup you made. Then jailbreak.
The issue I am running into is that I can't go to factory settings now because it will only give me 7.1 now instead of 7.0.4 which I currently have but it was OTA update. Any advice?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The issue I am running into is that I can't go to factory settings now because it will only give me 7.1 now instead of 7.0.4 which I currently have but it was OTA update. Any advice?

You just have to try doing the jailbreak without restoring via iTunes. It might be able to work since some people reported it working.

RyleyC

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Tried to jailbreak my iPad mini running 7.0.4 using evasion 1.0.7 and I keep getting the error "ERROR: Failed to retrieve package from the internet."

Any ideas?

jac101

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Don't use evasion for ios 7 and higher... ( TRY TAIG OR PANGU )
Their standards hav gone down compared to the ios 6 version which was just mind blowing.....
U plug press a few buttons and boom.... U hav ur device jailbroken
But with these new versions there has been ginourmouse amounts of complaints...
Although I successfully jailbreaked my ipad on ios 7....
And if my memory serves me right I actually had to do a survey....
Or something close to a survey.... It was to like their we page using a google or facebook account 😊

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro