File Manager Options

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
With no user level file system manager available today, and likely in the near future; what are the best ways to emulate a structure like those found in operating systems like My Documents (Windows), My Files (Android/TouchWiz), Documents (OS X)?

I know that iOS has a file system, but without jail breaking, looking to better understand options. Is iCloud the way to go, Dropbox, SugarSync...?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
If your looking for a way to manage individual files and have the ability to add and remove files to a file tree structure dropbox would be a good option for your. The added benefit of dropbox is that all the files that you manage can be accessed from any platform. If you jailbreak your device you could download an app called iFile and this would give you exactly what you are looking for. However for a stock machine I believe that dropbox is the best option.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If your looking for a way to manage individual files and have the ability to add and remove files to a file tree structure dropbox would be a good option for your. The added benefit of dropbox is that all the files that you manage can be accessed from any platform. If you jailbreak your device you could download an app called iFile and this would give you exactly what you are looking for. However for a stock machine I believe that dropbox is the best option.

I recently installed Dropbox on my MacBook. Has that been working well for you as a "cloud based" file system across the Mac and iPhone?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2