iOS 7 folder background

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know whether I should put this here or in the jailbreak section but since it was a question, I figured here would be the best place.

So I know the option to use Winterboard isn't available for us with the iPhone 5S running iOS 7.0.4. What I'm trying to do is make transparent folder backgrounds.

Now, Winterboard is just one method of changing the look of your iDevice but the option to just replace the stock files with modded ones is still there.

I'm looking for the location of where the background image is for the collapsed folder. Anyone know where this is located in iFile?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure. Hopefully, someone will chime in soon. I usually jailbreak but I decided to hold off for a while....I'm getting anxious though LOL

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
BetrFoldr will get rid of the background completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rad. Thanx! I found another method (HiddenSettings7) but have noticed if you respring the iDevice for any reason, it resets and you have to go through the process all over again. Will definitely give this one a shot. Cheers!

------------------------Update----------------------------

Doesn't seem to work yet for iPhone 5S. Under settings, this is what shows when you press the BetrFoldr:

Last edited:

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure. Hopefully, someone will chime in soon. I usually jailbreak but I decided to hold off for a while....I'm getting anxious though LOL

I know what ya mean. Only reason I went ahead and did it even though a lot of stuff isn't working yet is because if you wait to jailbreak iOS 7.0.4 when let's say, iOS 7.1 is released and the exploit is patched (which I don't think it is yet), and something goes wrong during the jailbreak, you won't be able to restore back to stock iOS 7.0.4 and will be forced to update to iOS 7.1. Then you will be stuck without a jailbreak until a new one is released.

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know, it's not an image stored in the file system. It is created on the fly from the color scheme in your home page wallpaper. Now if the system creates a temporary image and caches it somewhere I don't know.

This is exactly what it is. I changed the wallpaper and sure enough, the folder backgrounds are gone.

ski2040

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Ch,

I also have a 5S with 7.0.4 and am trying to remove the closed-folder background. I installed hiddensettings7 and also 7folder Relayout. I can remove or blur the background of the open folders nicely, but have been unable to remove the closed-folder background. Obviously you have been able to from your screenshot. You mention changing wallpaper and then being set. Have tried that but also the closed folders have the backgrounds. What did you install and what exactly did you do?

Thanks!

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Go into the settings then into icon adaptive setting. Scroll down to the two Alpha settings. Move them to the right and the all the way to the left a couple times. Hit Done and they should be gone also un-toggle the blur option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal