Jail broke...no cydia

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
you reboot again just to make sure?
or done a spotlight search for it?
did you have to touch the "evasion" app during install? thats where the cydia icon should be

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
you reboot again just to make sure?
or done a spotlight search for it?
did you have to touch the "evasion" app during install? thats where the cydia icon should be

I did reboot. Twice. Didn't spotlight search. I did have to touch the evasion app. Trying it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Something to note: if you're still seeing the evasi0n app, you're not jailbroken yet. 3cit is on the right track to help you out.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Ran the program, then got to the Click on evasiOn7 to continue, which I did, then it rebooted and all. I have the evasiOn7 icon, but no Cydia icon. This is on my ipad mini running 7.0.4 and trying to install the 1.0.3 jailbreak.

Did a restore as well, but no Cydia icon.

when i click on the evasiOn 7 icon, I just get a white screen.

tried to jailbreak twice now with no luck..

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Ran the program, then got to the Click on evasiOn7 to continue, which I did, then it rebooted and all. I have the evasiOn7 icon, but no Cydia icon. This is on my ipad mini running 7.0.4 and trying to install the 1.0.3 jailbreak.

Did a restore as well, but no Cydia icon.

when i click on the evasiOn 7 icon, I just get a white screen.

tried to jailbreak twice now with no luck..

How did you get iOS 7 on your device? If OTA, theres your problem. Restore thru iTunes, then run the jailbreak.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
How did you get iOS 7 on your device? If OTA, theres your problem. Restore thru iTunes, then run the jailbreak.

Ok so originally non jail broke mini.. Did the jailbreak on iOS 6x then decided to update to ios7, which I did through iTunes. All other iOS updates have been OTA...so are you saying I need to restore as new through iTunes and then try jailbreak again?

When I did my restore as mentioned in my post above that was just a restore from previous backup. Not a restore as new. If that matters.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Ok so originally non jail broke mini.. Did the jailbreak on iOS 6x then decided to update to ios7, which I did through iTunes. All other iOS updates have been OTA...so are you saying I need to restore as new through iTunes and then try jailbreak again?

When I did my restore as mentioned in my post above that was just a restore from previous backup. Not a restore as new. If that matters.

Restore thru iTunes as new and rejailbreak, issues should be resolved

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
OTA updates are garbage for jail breakers.
IF you are ever going to jailbreak or think you will jailbreak, NEVER EVER do an update OTA.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks....not looking forward to setting everything up again but I guess that is what is needed... Thanks for the help.

You can usually restore the backup without any issues. I can't remember if I did this time or not.

The problem is the OTA. Stop using OTA. When the thread resolved the first problem by having him use iTunes rather than OTA, why make a post claiming you have the same problem but not restore via iTunes? I don't understand what you were hoping for. We can't magically change things so the OTA would work for you, but not him.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
You can usually restore the backup without any issues. I can't remember if I did this time or not.

The problem is the OTA. Stop using OTA. When the thread resolved the first problem by having him use iTunes rather than OTA, why make a post claiming you have the same problem but not restore via iTunes? I don't understand what you were hoping for. We can't magically change things so the OTA would work for you, but not him.

I dont understand your comment.. I was simply ASKING a question. I seems that one of the comments mentioned restoring through iTunes, which I mentioned that I did, but apparently I needed to restore as new, instead of just restoring from a backup. The person who stated that they restored through iTunes fixed the problem did not indicate they "restored as new" to solve the problem, thus my follow up questions. But hey, thanks for your helpful and insightful comments...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh