Can you be hacked on your iPhone? I've lost everything!!

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I apologize now for posting here but I have no clue where to post this. I have no clue what actually happened to my iPhone at all. I went to sleep Sunday night and woke up Monday morning and everything in my phone is gone. All my contacts are gone...all my reminders are gone...and that is a big one for me because I used that as my PW saver...I would write notes in there and save them...their all gone. I do have my pics still and there is a new strange one and I know nothing about it. It's clearly a pix of a person but it's just a silhouette. I lost all my settings...it's as if my phone was hacked or something. I have no explanation and I certainly didn't touch anything I just woke up and it was like this. Now here's the strangest part...when I went to sign into my facebook I have to unlock my MaskMe first...so I typed in my PW and it said it was wrong...I thought it was odd so I typed in my old PW and boom I was in...so I went to sign into my facebook and usually my MaskMe does it for me but not this time...so I went into my MaskMe to get my PW and everything was gone. Out of the zillion of items I have stored in there everything was gone. And I was in touch with support and they have no clue of what happened or why. This is all the more reason why I feel I've been hacked. Can anyone help?:concern:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I apologize now for posting here but I have no clue where to post this. I have no clue what actually happened to my iPhone at all. I went to sleep Sunday night and woke up Monday morning and everything in my phone is gone. All my contacts are gone...all my reminders are gone...and that is a big one for me because I used that as my PW saver...I would write notes in there and save them...their all gone. I do have my pics still and there is a new strange one and I know nothing about it. It's clearly a pix of a person but it's just a silhouette. I lost all my settings...it's as if my phone was hacked or something. I have no explanation and I certainly didn't touch anything I just woke up and it was like this. Now here's the strangest part...when I went to sign into my facebook I have to unlock my MaskMe first...so I typed in my PW and it said it was wrong...I thought it was odd so I typed in my old PW and boom I was in...so I went to sign into my facebook and usually my MaskMe does it for me but not this time...so I went into my MaskMe to get my PW and everything was gone. Out of the zillion of items I have stored in there everything was gone. And I was in touch with support and they have no clue of what happened or why. This is all the more reason why I feel I've been hacked. Can anyone help?:concern:

What is mask me ?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I was referring to MaskMe about my troubles with once I went to sign into my FB...that's when I noticed that that (MaskMe) was emptied as well...so I never did get into my FB is what I'm trying to say because I'm afraid to go into anything as of right now because of the fact that I've lost everything on my iPhone first...and then everything seems to be gone on my MaskMe...which holds all my pw as well...I sure hope your following me lol

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Can you post some screenshots? I'm kind of lost on what happened here. Are you connected to a secure wifi network? Do you use strong passwords? Anything can be hacked but the hacker would need some time and specific things to access your iPhone. Don't think it could be done in a night. Seems kind of strange.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Can you post some screenshots? I'm kind of lost on what happened here. Are you connected to a secure wifi network? Do you use strong passwords? Anything can be hacked but the hacker would need some time and specific things to access your iPhone. Don't think it could be done in a night. Seems kind of strange.

What type of screenshots are you talking about...from my iPhone itself? or from my MaskMe showing you that I have nothing now...which is useless to you...Ok now check this out...I was just browsing thru some sites and came across a question about a "WhatsApp?" Now I have no idea what that is but I due recall seeing it one time and it asking me a certain question but again I don't have a clue what it is so I just blew it off...

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
whats app is a very popular cross platform messaging app- I have it and use it without incident. Do you back up to iCloud? If you do I would wipe your device and restore from back up and see from there.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
No actually I don't...I back up to my laptop. I don't use that app so I don't think it has anything to do with me. But I've lost all my contacts and everything else just like that overnight poof gone...

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If you plug it in iTunes will find where it put it and ask you if you want to restore from back up. I would recommend in the future to consider iCloud back up. Does it automatically when plugged in at night

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Ya I don't know how to work with iCloud of any sorts too much...or should I say at all :(

Ok I've opened my iTunes and found under files where it says backup or restore from backup...I'm choosing restore from backup because that was just a few weeks ago...but I've purchased in-apps since then will they be there also or just need to refresh or update that app?

Last edited:

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes restore from back-up. Once this is done you can always re-download the missing apps. Once this is done you really should enable iCloud, it will back up every night when you plug it in.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Where did you come across Maskme and why do you use it

We need to understand to try and answer your questions

You say it signs into FB for you?

With 109 posts I would assume you know a little about iCloud and your phone

Give us the basics

Which iPhone do you have?

Which version of iOS are you running?

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
And what do I do choose what I want backed up or something? Because it's a small amount allowed and I'm not paying for more storage

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
And what do I do choose what I want backed up or something? Because it's a small amount allowed and I'm not paying for more storage

Yes you may choose what you want to backup also backing up to iTunes is the other good option you seem to be using

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I have everything backed up from my iPhone and I still have 2.5 gb of iCloud space left.

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Where did you come across Maskme and why do you use it

We need to understand to try and answer your questions

You say it signs into FB for you?

I promise you I will get back to you with all details of info and whatever else later I'm sorry...it's Christmas a bit busy :)

With 109 posts I would assume you know a little about iCloud and your phone

Give us the basics

Which iPhone do you have?

Which version of iOS are you running?

DoeZ

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I apologize and appreciate your help here but I got super busy yesterday trying to finish with my decorating and other Christmas stuff and wrapping and it was 2:30 a.m. when I finished and I'm trying now to restore quickly and I need to shut off my "Find My Phone" only everything is locked or sorta greyed out like...and I can't remember what I did to lock it up...Any advice?