How to Jailbreak iOS 7 on all iPhones, iPad and iPod touch +video

serwan

Banned
Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Today Evad3rs Team released the public version of their popular jailbreak software Evasi0n7 to jailbreak iOS 7, yes Untethered. it means it works on 7-7.0.4 at the moment as well as 7.1 Beta 1 and 2. evasion is really easy to use but there are some important things you should know in advance before processing jailbreak:

Back up your device.

1- remove passcode on your device.
2-if you updated your device through OTA (from your device in settings), you should do a full restore via iTunes on your OS X or Windows.

I provided a tutorial video that I quickly demonstrated the process. have a look and let me know whether you are going to jailbreak your device or not?!

evasi0n iOS 7.x Jailbreak - official website of the evad3rs

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Caveat emptor.

Why you should wait to jailbreak iOS 7 | iMore
The safety of your data

There's currently some information circling that's pointing to the fact that the evad3rs team may have received an undisclosed large sum of money in order to default install Chinese App Stores onto the device if Chinese is selected as the main language. This may be to lock out other Chinese App Stores from making their way onto the device.

Whenever something like this happens without it being 100% clear to the end user, there are safety concerns when it comes to data. Some are going as far to say that the tool spams Cydia repos. Not good.

Anytime something like this is a possibility, it is our responsibility to make you, our readers, aware of it. For the safety of your data, we'd highly recommend staying away from the current evasi0n tool until we know more. This would however explain why saurik didn't know about it, which brings us to our next point...

PS: Already a thread discussing this jailbreak...
http://forums.imore.com/jailbreaking-unlocking-hacks-themes-mods/274364-ios-7-jailbreak-here.html

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Even if you jailbreak your iPhone, iPod or iPad, Winterboard and no mobile substrates are compatible with iOS 7 so it is kind of pointless to JB. More harm than good will come of it. I advise against it.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Even if you jailbreak your iPhone, iPod or iPad, Winterboard and no mobile substrates are compatible with iOS 7 so it is kind of pointless to JB. More harm than good will come of it. I advise against it.

It's only pointless if you're viewing an immediate picture.

You're right, at the current moment the jailbreak doesn't offer app compatibility.

Beyond that, you're ignoring the dominoes that have been started. Saurik is already working to get Cydia and MS working as desired. When those updates are pushed, app compatibility is fixed. If you prepared now, you can still enjoy the jailbreak for iOS 7.0.x If you wait for things to calm down, iOS7.1 will likely be released complete with exploits being mitigated after the press. This means you miss the window entirely because MS isn't updated now. That is a "point."

The most credible release of data mining comes from Hackulous. Is it any surprise a competing piracy group would make claims like this?

The China store is disturbing. Rightfully so, it raises questions about what is included in the jailbreak. Ultimately, if there was additional software added to make the jailbreak less "safe" than prior builds, I doubt Saurik would spend effort on updating MS. His work suggests it is cleaner than some sources are reporting.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
It's only pointless if you're viewing an immediate picture.

You're right, at the current moment the jailbreak doesn't offer app compatibility.

Beyond that, you're ignoring the dominoes that have been started. Saurik is already working to get Cydia and MS working as desired. When those updates are pushed, app compatibility is fixed. If you prepared now, you can still enjoy the jailbreak for iOS 7.0.x If you wait for things to calm down, iOS7.1 will likely be released complete with exploits being mitigated after the press. This means you miss the window entirely because MS isn't updated now. That is a "point."

The most credible release of data mining comes from Hackulous. Is it any surprise a competing piracy group would make claims like this?

The China store is disturbing. Rightfully so, it raises questions about what is included in the jailbreak. Ultimately, if there was additional software added to make the jailbreak less "safe" than prior builds, I doubt Saurik would spend effort on updating MS. His work suggests it is cleaner than some sources are reporting.

I see what you're saying but just the way it was released, Sauik NOT being involved, not an official Cydia version and the Chinese stuff does concern me a bit. I know that since it was released MS, winter board and other tweaks/apps will be updated quickly. Just concerned and I've been jail breaking since my iPhone 2G days. When u could actually brick you iPhone and have a VERY expensive paperweight.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox