Why Does iOS 7 Ignore My Notifications Settings?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I run an app for the first time in iOS 7, it asks if it can send me push notifications. 99% of the time I say no. Nevertheless, I always have to go to the Notification Center settings and remove the push notifications manually anyway. Why bother asking me if you're just going to send the push notifications regardless of what I answer?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I get the same ask banner for push notifications when I download or set up a new app or some apps that are totally rebuilt for IOS 7 but I just say dismiss and that is it. i never have to go to the notification center to manually get rid of it.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I get the same ask banner for push notifications when I download or set up a new app or some apps that are totally rebuilt for IOS 7 but I just say dismiss and that is it. i never have to go to the notification center to manually get rid of it.

I almost always answer no to push notifications, but it always allows them anyway until I go into the settings and disable them manually. Only since iOS 7, but it happened on my 4S and now on my 5S.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I for one can't verify your claim because I say yes to all and any notifications it's one of the things I like about iOS 7 there notifications are so structured if I don't want to be bothered I put it in DND mode and that's all she wrote

Even the updated paid games have smart notifications

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
That's true because there is no way of disabling notifications in restrictions. So every app will ask you once if it wants to send a notification. If you don't agree a notification should not be enabled but you may have to go into notifications anyway and make an adjustment to the settings.

antiprotest

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I know what you're talking about. I've been aware of this since 3GS. Seems to be a bug but apparently it doesn't happen to everybody.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced that. I get the same banner asking if I want push notification I always dismiss it and that's it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73