Best way to send a photo through iMessage

Pete Lao

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
My biggest gripe with iMessage is that I cannot seem to easily send a picture file with the option of small, medium, large (like in email).

Can anyone offer the easiest solution to sending smaller file sized photos to help save data as well as speed up the transfer.

So far I'm doing screenshots of the photo and sending that instead of the original which I find a hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think iMessage compresses the pictures automatically so you don't get the full size one.

No it does not. I've tested this over wifi and 3G and the pictures are still the resolution. The only thing iMessage compresses is videos over 30 MB in size.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
My biggest gripe with iMessage is that I cannot seem to easily send a picture file with the option of small, medium, large (like in email).

Can anyone offer the easiest solution to sending smaller file sized photos to help save data as well as speed up the transfer.

So far I'm doing screenshots of the photo and sending that instead of the original which I find a hassle.

Sending it as an MMS. You'll just have to turn off iMessage for the time you want to send that pic as an MMS

I never thought I'd see anyone ask about this. I find it wonderful that the full quality image gets sent over iMessage and isn't watered down.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
...I never thought I'd see anyone ask about this. I find it wonderful that the full quality image gets sent over iMessage and isn't watered down...

I know I like it too and usually the pictures are only about 2-4 MB in size

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S iPhone using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Sending it as an MMS. You'll just have to turn off iMessage for the time you want to send that pic as an MMS

I never thought I'd see anyone ask about this. I find it wonderful that the full quality image gets sent over iMessage and isn't watered down.

I love it too, but as the OP says, it's about saving data--for people on limited plans who send a lot of photos it could add up quickly!

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

#A- get a bigger data plan.
#B- make sure you're on a wifi connection before sending.

ngc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
You can always take a screenshot of the photo in your camera roll and send that screenshot instead of the original photo, it?s about 1/10th the size of the original.

When your done simply delete the screenshot so you dont have duplicates.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You can always take a screenshot of the photo in your camera roll and send that screenshot instead of the original photo, it?s about 1/10th the size of the original.

When your done simply delete the screenshot so you dont have duplicates.
The OP already mentioned that is what he is doing.

Gus320

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Good solution is the app 'Mini Pxt' - it's designed specifically for this. Search for it in the App Store.

Resizes and compresses up to 10 photos at a time and puts them in an iMessage ready to send. Saves data & sending time. Free trial version out there too :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77