I fixed all my ios7 problems easy

wamsille

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone - simplistic, smooth running OS
Nokia - makes excellent hardware and supports the OS despite the legions of consumers and developers that have not

The OP - oblivious to the fact that the "problem" with iOS 7 may not have been the software let alone the hardware it was designed for.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone - simplistic, smooth running OS
Nokia - makes excellent hardware and supports the OS despite the legions of consumers and developers that have not

The OP - oblivious to the fact that the "problem" with iOS 7 may not have been the software let alone the hardware it was designed for.
Very much agreed. I came from WP 7.5 and 8. I used them in conjunction with my iPad, MBP and MBA. I have no complaints and would like to give it another try when some of my must have apps have a WP version. It is definitely a very smooth and problem free OS.

To the OP, not sure what problem you are trying to solve in iOS 7 that WP can solve, but hope WP takes care of your needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wamsille

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Very much agreed. I came from WP 7.5 and 8. I used them in conjunction with my iPad, MBP and MBA. I have no complaints and would like to give it another try when some of my must have apps have a WP version. It is definitely a very smooth and problem free OS.

I enjoyed using Windows Phone. I enjoyed using my Nokia Lumia 900/920/1020. What I didn't enjoy was how limiting the experience was given the infancy of the OS and the restrictions placed upon the hardware to run it. That aside, Microsoft could actually bring forth a little common sense to the marketplace by emphasizing the fact the operating system does not require quad core processors with 4GB of RAM to run effectively. Yes, that is quite a contradictory statement but my point is Windows Phone worked without a lot of horsepower - it was Microsoft who caved into demand for spec hungry consumers and developers. I would love to use a device that is dual core or single core, 1GB of RAM with 48 hour rated battery life and three week standby time that runs everything smoothly.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
To the OP: I'm glad that solved your problems! Just out of curiosity, which problems did you have with iOS and how did WP fix them? I've had "problems" with each mobile platform I've used, so Im a bit surprised that all your problems were solved and no new ones turned up

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
All 3 OS's? I believe there are 4..although I cannot for the life of me remember which OS that is. :p

Ha you're right, I wasn't very clear, but it seems you figured it out! :rolleyes: Maybe I should've said "The 2 real OS's plus WP" or something like that; you know, like the ad about New York City having "Six professional sports teams, and also the Mets".

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Ha you're right, I wasn't very clear, but it seems you figured it out! :rolleyes: Maybe I should've said "The 2 real OS's plus WP" or something like that; you know, like the ad about New York City having "Six professional sports teams, and also the Mets".

I think you misspelled Jets. :)

I will never understand why MS made such radical changes from WM to WP. The interface is so uncomfortable for me. I admit I've never given it a chance, mostly based on appearance.

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I think you misspelled Jets. :)

I will never understand why MS made such radical changes from WM to WP. The interface is so uncomfortable for me. I admit I've never given it a chance, mostly based on appearance.

I was an avid WM user back in the day. It was very functional, much like Windows. I could browse files and edit the registry. But, it was not user friendly at all! If I handed my phone to someone else it was difficult for them to figure out how to place or even answer a phone call. I think that changing WM's UI was necessary.

Microsoft very much restricted the functionality in WP. It's very tightly controlled, making iOS seem open source by comparison. But as controlled as iOS is, it's very functional due to having almost every conceivable app available. Right now I would say that in functionality and day to day use that iOS & Android are a lot alike. I had no trouble switching back and forth between them. Speed, stability, smoothness, appearance, and apps were all very similar.

WP is simple at first, but once you get into it the learning curve becomes steep very quickly. I found that I spent a lot of time trying to figure out workarounds to do simple stuff, or just simple do without. I was to the point where I began to question whether WP's functionality even justified the cost of a data plan. And there are still plenty of bugs. MLB release an At Bat app partway through the season, but it didn't work half the time. I don't know whether it was the fault of the app or the OS, but because of other issues I found with WP I suspect it was more the OS's fault. Sometimes MLB At Bat crashed upon opening, and I would manually set the date to a day earlier, and then it would work.

I also found WP's UI to be very inefficient. Everything is way too big. That's fine on a desktop or even a tablet, but on a <5" screen it's not acceptable. I spent a lot of time scrolling and tapping.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I was an avid WM user back in the day. It was very functional, much like Windows. I could browse files and edit the registry. But, it was not user friendly at all! If I handed my phone to someone else it was difficult for them to figure out how to place or even answer a phone call. I think that changing WM's UI was necessary.

Microsoft very much restricted the functionality in WP. It's very tightly controlled, making iOS seem open source by comparison. But as controlled as iOS is, it's very functional due to having almost every conceivable app available. Right now I would say that in functionality and day to day use that iOS & Android are a lot alike. I had no trouble switching back and forth between them. Speed, stability, smoothness, appearance, and apps were all very similar.

WP is simple at first, but once you get into it the learning curve becomes steep very quickly. I found that I spent a lot of time trying to figure out workarounds to do simple stuff, or just simple do without. I was to the point where I began to question whether WP's functionality even justified the cost of a data plan. And there are still plenty of bugs. MLB release an At Bat app partway through the season, but it didn't work half the time. I don't know whether it was the fault of the app or the OS, but because of other issues I found with WP I suspect it was more the OS's fault. Sometimes MLB At Bat crashed upon opening, and I would manually set the date to a day earlier, and then it would work.

I also found WP's UI to be very inefficient. Everything is way too big. That's fine on a desktop or even a tablet, but on a <5" screen it's not acceptable. I spent a lot of time scrolling and tapping.

I can relate to most of that. I also agree that many elements in WP are way too big.

My first two smartphones were Windows Mobile - a brick of a slider in the PPC-6700 and then the Treo 800W. The Treo was a great phone, with Palm making a few nice UI changes. They were definitely not geared toward consumers, but were very capable devices.

Danzoman

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Why is anyone replying to this thread at all? WTF, let it end.

It's way more interesting than the thousand or so what color should I buy/what storage should I buy threads. And that's sad. Maybe we should ask which color did he buy and why. And then expect an apology thread in a month about buying another brand phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Indeed if you ever need any help from us please let us know or sign up through your passport for windows phone and link us together. Seek out Laura over there who is a Moderator and a good friend of our forum and she will be happy to show you the ropes there. Again best of luck and enjoy your new phone. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW