Anyone have a list of working iOS url schemes?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello iMore,

Does Anyone have a list of working iOS url schemes?

I only know of the following

twitter://post?message=visit%20imore.com

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I'm interested in URL Schemes :p
I once started collecting them, but it seems that nobody is interested here :/

I posted in Jailbreak section, but you can of course use them without Jailbreak with Apps like Drafts, Launch Center Pro etc.

If you want to find good URL schemes which are not just launching apps, then just open the Drafts directory, where a lot of them are stored or just open the Launch Center Pro app and look what it has inside.

Drafts Directory (click me :p )

There are a lot more URL Schemes, but let's see if anyone if interested :0

Here are 2 posts:

How about starting an URL Scheme Thread :p
Now everybody can add and share their URL Schemes which can be used in Apps like LaunchCenter and Drafts or in Tweaks like ActivityAction for Action Menu and WeeSearch Pro.
- WeeSearch Pro: it's a widget which lets you search something with search engines. It can be placed in the notification center, Lockscreen (With LockInfo, Intelliscreen X etc.) and home screen (with Dashboard X). (screenshot 1)
- ActivityAction: adds an button in your action menu which can search highlighted words (Screenshot 2)

Please only add URL Schemes which works.
And always write the app, the action and the Scheme together.

I start with my most used URL Schemes which I use with ActivityAction and WeeSearch Pro.

Drafts
New Entry
drafts://x-callback-url/create?text=

LocalScape
Search a Location etc.
com.cynapse.localscope://action=search&query=

OmniFocus
New Entry
omnifocus:///add?name=

1Password
Search a word
onepassword://search/

Google Search
Google

Google Picture Search
Google Images

Wikipedia Search
Search - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiktionary Search
Search - Wiktionary

There are some apps and Tweaks which can launch apps with URLs, for example Drafts, LauchCenter Pro, WeeSearch Pro, Activity Action for Action Menu etc.
You can use the URL to "just" launch them or create schedules or use it for habits, for learning or fitness.

You can launch almost every app, you can either try just to use the name for example:
  • AppZapp -> appzapp:
  • Drafts -> drafts:
  • OmniFocus -> omnifocus:
  • DB Navigator -> dbnavigator:

If it's not the app name, you can use "iFile" to search for the name.
You have to find the app or you can use "App Info", which can open the app directory in iFile.
  1. in iFile you have to open the "Applicationname.app".
  2. There is a "Info.plist" File which you have to open with the plist-Editor
  3. Search for the "CFBundleURLTypes"
  4. There is an "Dictionary (Bundlename)" ➔ for example: "com.sixpackproductions.sixpackabs-de"
  5. Go further and open "CFBundleURLSchemes"
  6. Then you see the "URL Scheme Launch Name" ➔ for example Adrian James Sipack: "sppsixpackabs"

As you can see in the next picture, you can launch a app, which is not listet in the "available" or "launchable" list.
You can also set a schedule in LauchCenterPro, for example everyday at 7am. You get the reminder everyday at 7am and can hit the notification, which opens the desired app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2