What don't you like about iOS 7?

anon(8221395)

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. I use Cal by Any.do and haven't looked back. And the icons, ugh, they're so inconsistent with one another. Some are just plain ugly. I honestly don't understand the design language -- if there even is one -- with the icons.

Another thing about iOS 7 is not being able to use third party apps as default apps. If I could, I'd love for anything that would normally open up Mail, would open up Gmail. Heck, maybe if I hold down the home button, it could open up the Google Search app over Siri. Or maybe getting a choice to use Google over Bing. Little things like this could make things so much better for me.

To use google over bing through Siri say "Google..." rather than "Search..."

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't like that we live in the "post" PC era, yet I still need a PC to manage my Nano. Let iPads manage iPods. Please.

While I am not a big user of Google, it would be nice to change default apps.

I understand the lack of a user access able file system, but let third party apps like SkyDrive, Dropbox, Goodreader, ect BT files from other devices.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm not too happy about all of Apples applications that have been updated to iOS 7 no longer being compatible with older versions on devices that cannot update. By that I mean Pages, Numbers, etc. I can no longer use those apps because both my iPad and MacBook are too old to get the most recent versions.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I like that they've expanded the back swipe gesture from Mail to other apps as well.
I don't like that it's inconsistent in some apps though.
Not necessarily an iOS7 problem per se, but I wish they would have tighter guidelines for developers using the new gesture.

The way it should work (and the way it does in most Apple apps) is that you swipe from left to right, and the page "sticks" to your finger, so you can flick it, pull it slowly, etc.
However, I find that many apps that implement this merely have the page flick itself automatically as soon as you perform the gesture. You don't have a chance to pull back, view both screens at the same time, etc.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that as well. But I use third party apps because of syncing issues. I would rather use the stock Safari web browser.
But none of my bookmarks sync to my PC. So I use Chrome, but I have noticed that It defaults back to Safari.
I have also noticed that IOS is more strict towards using 3rd party apps. But to an extent they are all like that.

Last edited:

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My biggest issue is with the landscape view in the music player. I have to turn auto screen rotation off and see the artist and album cover sideways. I would really like them to provide a usable landscape view.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I like to give credit where credit is due.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the iCloud control panel.
Once I did that, my bookmarks from my PC merged with Safari.
I will add one dislike though. The stock calendar, all the more reason why I use Fantastical.

Last edited:

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
1. Browser crashes
2. Lack of downloading music straight from the internet
3. Can't change keyboard or change default apps

I love everything else

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Lag recently.

Reboots.

Battery life.

In all honesty it seem more like my blackberry days when things locked up and I had to reboot or it rebooted it self.

I remember on iOS 6 it would run solid for months with out issues.

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You can't turn off vibrate on the alarm and have it on somewhere else.
You can't turn off the dial tone (to dial a Number) unless the phone is on vibrate.
The keyboard needs to be developed like the swift key app for Android.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I hate notification center. I didn't like it in iOS 6 either but I think it has become worse in iOS 7. Three screens that are somewhat confusing in purpose. One of them being almost worthless(missed). At least in iOS 6, the weather widget was useful and glanceable. Now it's text with inconsistent info. Sometimes you see the temperature, sometimes you don't. I'm scared they are doubling down on the clumsy execution(non collapsible, small x, non actionable) instead of making into something truly great and functionable.

Notifications also continue to be a problem on iOS. It's always been bad but it's time for them to seriously evaluate the logic behind making them them the most intrusive and ineffective on any platform.

Hate how the volume screen pops up in the middle of your screen when watching a video or playing a game effectively blocking what you are seeing.

Constant reboots especially in safari.

The inability to choose app options in control center.

Music player album view has ruined playing music for me. Hate having to scroll through all my songs to get what I want. Huge screw up on Apple's part. It makes absolutely no sense from the company that created the iPod. I have been forced to use a third party app that comes with its own issues but at least I can easily find the album and song I want.

Sorry for the long post.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Man... I dont know how i forgot this... but the Calendar app, I hate it with a passion, I recently downloaded fantastical and I love it, highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
The inability to go to "settings" directly from control center.

The inability to choose what you want to see in control center. I'm really glad it's there, but I'd like to be able to customize it.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I don't think that ios 7 is ugly per se, but it's incongruous. Here we have a finely crafted, minimalist metal and glass object d'art that is the iPhone 5s, furnished in monotone colors, but when you turn it on, BAM! You get hit with the full spectrum of neon colors and flashy effects. Its like buying a elegant bvlgari (or substitute your fancy watch here) timepiece, then you look at the face and the background is neon pink, the hour hand is lime green, and the minute hand is bright orange. Oh and it uses flashing lights that pulse every second.

Ios 7 = perfectly matched for iPhone 5c. Not so much for the 5s.

chaosmagnet

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I dislike the way iOS 7 looks, but I can get used to that. It will be harder for me to get used to all the added friction to the interface. Can't use the Home button to get to Spotlight search more quickly from the first Home screen. Home gesture brings you back to an open folder instead of back to the Home screen. Folders display fewer apps so it's harder to find the one you're looking for, often requiring more swipes and scrolling. It's not clear to me what impact iOS 7 has on battery life but this was not exactly a strong point on my iPhone to begin with.

As far as I can tell, pretty much all the changes were made for the sake of change, rather than for improvements in usability.

gamergurl89

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
The appearance if it is ugly. The icons look dull and plain. The slide to power off and such look so cheap! These I can get used to but still don't like it.
The wifi thing is driving me crazy! It doesn't always stay connected. I have to go into setting and refresh it till it finds the signal. Grrrrr!!
It'd be nice to have darker colors. I love white but it's just too damn bright and my brightness is at 0.
The lag is becoming irritating.
Crashing is as bad as lagging.
I still have a few second delay on the phone app to dial a number. Hopefully I never have to call 9-1-1 cause a few second delay and I could be dead...
And the battery life. I use kik a lot and it KILLLLLS my battery but still just doesn't seem to last...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR