With no new jailbreaks in a while, is anyone really missing them these days?

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
It's always nice to have the option to customize in my opinion

It's nice but to a point it's over helminthology like the number of tablets Samsung sell I tried to buy one and I got so confused

-Yar I be a Pirate according to Phil and Co. At AndroidCentral because I run 10.2.1 and sideload

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm still running iOS 6 on my 4s and it's jail broke. For me there are just too many things I love about my jailbreak to even consider upgrading to ios7.. Until a J/B comes out for ios7, I'm sticking with my jailbroke 4s...

A lot of what iOS7 tries to do, a good jailbroke app blows the door off of anything iOS7 does... Notification Center in iOS7? what a joke... But to be honest, there are a lot of features I do like about iOS7, but none of them as a whole are compelling enough to give up my jailbreak.

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm still running iOS 6 on my 4s and it's jail broke. For me there are just too many things I love about my job to even consider upgrading to ios7.. Until a job cones out for ios7, I'm sticking with my jailbroke 4s...

I'm curious about what you run tweak-wise...I thought I had a lot with my jailbreak setup, but I took the plunge to iOS 7 (after running it for a bit on my Mini) and have been shocked at how little I miss. The big ones for me have largely been replaced/replicated by stock elements now:

-Bulletin (or Lockinfo, IntelliscreenX, etc) = Notification Center at lock screen now built in
-Quick toggles for frequently used settings = Control Center
-More icons per screen = unlimited apps in folders
-Swipe gestures in apps = now built in Back and Forward in Safari

Which is not to say there aren't things I miss: SwipeSelection (for better editing via the iOS keyboard) and Quick Reply/Quick Compose (especially from lock screen) are sorely missed. But a lot of the things I thought I absolutely had to have turned out to be things I only liked to have. And for me, the new design of iOS 7 has been such a breath of fresh air that iOS 6 now feels woefully out of date when I see it on other devices.

So anyway, I'm curious: what do you find essential enough that it keeps you from upgrading?

TorrieB

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I am still in absolute love with my jailbroken iPhone 4S. Now granted, this was my first iAnything so my first jailbreak ever. I love the freedom to do whatever I want (pretty much) with my phone. My swipe to unlock says "ALHOMORA!!"...I dig that. I call my phone WhiteGirl and I have WhiteGirl instead of Sprint on the status bar.

Outside of those geeky cosmetics, Activator and BiteSMS are the tweaks/apps that truly keep me on my jailbroken device. The other tweaks I have installed have been implemented into iOS7 but without those 2 awesome additions...my phone would not be the same enjoyment it has been for the past several months. I love it.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious about what you run tweak-wise...I thought I had a lot with my jailbreak setup, but I took the plunge to iOS 7 (after running it for a bit on my Mini) and have been shocked at how little I miss. The big ones for me have largely been replaced/replicated by stock elements now:

-Bulletin (or Lockinfo, IntelliscreenX, etc) = Notification Center at lock screen now built in
-Quick toggles for frequently used settings = Control Center
-More icons per screen = unlimited apps in folders
-Swipe gestures in apps = now built in Back and Forward in Safari

Which is not to say there aren't things I miss: SwipeSelection (for better editing via the iOS keyboard) and Quick Reply/Quick Compose (especially from lock screen) are sorely missed. But a lot of the things I thought I absolutely had to have turned out to be things I only liked to have. And for me, the new design of iOS 7 has been such a breath of fresh air that iOS 6 now feels woefully out of date when I see it on other devices.

So anyway, I'm curious: what do you find essential enough that it keeps you from upgrading?

As I updated/edited my original post, things that I dont see in IOS7 (which I gave up my jailbreak that I had on my Mini to go to iOS7) are things like the notification center (which I find is pretty weak and non-customizable); the control center, while nice, is locked and you can't make any changes to the layout.

Other apps like pandora downloader, songza downloader, the ability to change icons, icon sizes, etc (well everything that is Springtomize)...iFile, BytaFont, Intelliscreen, Auxo....

these are just some of why I will keep my jailbreak and wait for an iOS7 j/b...

Like I said, there are a lot of nice features of iOS7, but taken as a whole, not enough to make me switch..

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I quit jailbreaking after iOS 5. The features I used to jailbreak for had already been mainline into the OS, and I just didn't see the point anymore.

You may not, but others do.

I miss Iconoclasm and Gridlock the most. I hate having to put my icons where Apple wants them rather than where I want them. I also miss my iWidgets.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I miss Gridlock and some personalizing tweaks..
Also iCleaner to disable some battery draining daemons to get better battery life.

But iOS 7 makes it easier to live without a jailbreak for me, because of the notification and control center and the better UI.

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
You may not, but others do.

I miss Iconoclasm and Gridlock the most. I hate having to put my icons where Apple wants them rather than where I want them. I also miss my iWidgets.

Absolutely legit reasons. I understand there will always be a reason for some users to jailbreak. For me, the features I wanted ended up native, so I didn't need it anymore. Hopefully Apple will catch on to some of the other reasons people do it, and turn those into native features as well.

nyry

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Immensely. Funny thing is, its all the small stuff that makes JBing worth while :) Tweaks like Bite SMS, or Free In App purchases on some stuff, and I miss MyWi alot, that tethering app :eek: Siri tweaks were cool too, and themes were sick. I hope they make an ios6 theme for ios 7

Focuscar

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely legit reasons. I understand there will always be a reason for some users to jailbreak. For me, the features I wanted ended up native, so I didn't need it anymore. Hopefully Apple will catch on to some of the other reasons people do it, and turn those into native features as well.

Having both a jailbroken IOS 6 & a non-one IOS 7, I am totally unsatisfied with the non-jailbroken ipad. Reasons:

- Auxo is way easier & better than the new native IOS7 function, Where are my emulators, iNES, folder enchancer, beautiful lockscreens?, ACTIVATOR, + LastApp, MailEnchancer way still better IOS7, Torrentdownload?, iFile? etc.. :p

A really long list for jailbreak. Some are satisfied with IOS7 And others with a Windows Phone. Really => where's the new IOS7 jailbreak :D

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Having both a jailbroken IOS 6 & a non-one IOS 7, I am totally unsatisfied with the non-jailbroken ipad. Reasons:

- Auxo is way easier & better than the new native IOS7 function, Where are my emulators, iNES, folder enchancer, beautiful lockscreens?, ACTIVATOR, + LastApp, MailEnchancer way still better IOS7, Torrentdownload?, iFile? etc.. :p

A really long list for jailbreak. Some are satisfied with IOS7 And others with a Windows Phone. Really => where's the new IOS7 jailbreak :D

If you're unhappy with the wait, you're welcome to spend the countless hours of time to figure out a smooth jailbreak. If you're not willing/able to do so, you should just be patient :p

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
IOS 7 cured a lot of my jailbreaking needs and for that I am very thankful. I would still jailbreak for BiteSMS. Quick reply is a must in my world. I would also add back a few status bar tweaks, the ability to put icons where I want them to be, add back the old weather view to the notification center (never understand why they took away the 7 day forecast options) the screen recorder and honestly that is about it.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Tethering. That's all I really need a jailbreak for. Paying twice to use the same data stream is utterly ridiculous.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Three hacks/tweaks I can't live without:

1. Quick Compose/Reply (Messages+/activator, )
  2. SwipeSelection (move curser by sliding fingers on keyboard)
  3. SBSettings with a Location icon (I don't want my locations serves on unless I need them, and I don't want to navigate through settings every time I want to turn it on/off).

These 3 things are so integrated into the way I use my phone. When I use someone else's phone, it just feels weird not having these features. Staying JB'd til this is stock.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh