Update iPad3 from 5.1.1 to 6.1.2 Failed and now stuck at restore.

Peisher

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I attempted to do a manual update from 5.1.1 to 6.1.2 on my jailbroken iPad3. I followed the manual update instructions here:

Instructions to manually update iOS firmware | iOS Index

and used the ipsw files found here

iClarified - iPad - Where To Download iPad Firmware Files From

and i downloaded the file for the iPad3 Wifi.

The update encountered an error during the process and now when i plug my iPad in iTunes gives me this error

iTunes Error.png

i choose "OK"

then at this screen

2 - iTunes Recovery Mode.png

i hold down the [shift] key and click restore iPad and it allows me to choose the downloaded ipsw file.

3 - Select ipsw file.png

and i get this notice

4 - Erase and Restore.png

and i choose restore. It extracts the file then says "Preparing iPad for Update" then gives me an error message:

5 - Error 3194.png.

Here is the page with "More Information" about that error.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4451

I followed the instructions but don't have any information in the hosts file to edit. I don't mind losing all the stuff on my ipad because i can put anything i had on there, back on there when i get it back up and running, but i don't want to update past 6.1.2 at this time. Biggest problem is that my iPad appears to be useless until i can restore it somehow...all i see is this picture on the iPad screen...

6 - plug into itunes.png

Can someone please help me fix my ipad? Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I was able to get my device out of Recovery Mode using TinyUmbrella. So that problem is fixed, but i would still like to update to the latest jail-breakable version of iOS for the iPad3, which i understand is 6.1.2. Can anyone tell me what i did wrong in my manual update process?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2