IPad Air safari crash

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I only notice safari crash on websites that are JavaScript heavy. Also remember that safari keeps the last page you were on in memory while browsing so when you swipe back from the side the pervious page is still loaded.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S coming soon) using Tapatalk.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I've read that Apple has been testing iOS 7.0.4, perhaps that will smooth out the animations and fix the crashes.

Picomon

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm having Safari crashes as well. I did delete cookies and cache, did a reset. Those hints didn't work. The crash happens regularly when I am scrolling down a long Safari page. Facebook, for example or longish news pages wherein I'm reading a lengthy article. Or my local newspaper. The scroll at some point produces the crash. New ipad air, ios7

Mike_Kaye

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
It's very disappointing that the latest and greatest iPad Air ...fails just like the iPad 1.

I'm now convinced the Safari browser's crashing all started with iAds. Safari was flawless on the 1st gen iPad, until the iOS 4 update with iAds, and on every iPad since, Safari has been crashing. This might explain why the crashing hasn't been addressed or corrected, Apple has no desire to acknowledge their Ad network in troublesome, and to disable iAds would risk losing revenue.

Whatever the reason, Apple needs to first acknowledge there is a Safari problem, then fix it.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
My safari crashes from time to time too.

Btw, is there a way to close out the tabs completely when you swipe up and close safari? Every time I close safari and then reopen, the tabs from the previous session all load up. I know that you can close out each one individually before you close safari but this just adds a lot of time. Any faster approach to closing safari without keeping the tabs in the background?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My safari crashes from time to time too.

Btw, is there a way to close out the tabs completely when you swipe up and close safari? Every time I close safari and then reopen, the tabs from the previous session all load up. I know that you can close out each one individually before you close safari but this just adds a lot of time. Any faster approach to closing safari without keeping the tabs in the background?

Yes in safari before you go out of it tap the bottom right on the two squares. It will then give you the options on the top left to close out using the x.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes in safari before you go out of it tap the bottom right on the two squares. It will then give you the options on the top left to close out using the x.

Right but that's double the effort. First I close out the x then close safari. Any way to close safari instantly without taking that extra step?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Safari is still closed without hitting the x. The browser remembers what you have open. If you want tabs and safari closed I believe you need to take the extra step

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Take advantage of your exchange policy. I exchanged my Air twice and finally the crashes stopped. It was worse on my second one than the first which was really annoying. Its been two days with no crashes on my third iPad air.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Safari has crashed on me from time to time with multiple tabs open. I've also seen low memory messages under Diagnostics & Usage. Don't know if this is the reason. Hopefully this is a software issue that will be addressed with the next update.

pdawg20

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Apple hasn't admitted there is a problem yet and keep replacing iPads which also crash. See other threads. I got a new iPad 4:concern: which still crashes

Arb1503

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I bought a new ipad air two weeks ago, and I do have the same problem, that Safari crashes one of 10 times i visit a website. I called Apple support and they asked me to do a reset, but it did not help at all.

I don't know what to do?

Best regards

Arnold

Last edited:

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I bought a new ipad air two weeks ago, and I do have the same problem, that Safari crashes one of 10 times i visit a website. I called Apple support and they asked me to do a reset, but it did not help at all.

I don't know what to do?

Best regards

Arnold

If you go to the apple store they will exchange it and claim they didn't hear of that before. It got annoying but today I found a browser in the App Store called mercury. It seems to be working well so far with no crashes and lots of useful featured. Try it out the only downfall is that you lose safari but hey if it isn't working as it should you might as well try something else.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox