ios 7.1 ?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
iOS 6.1 released in January following iOS6.0's September 2012 release... expect similar with iOS7 until there's a date certain released by Apple.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Given that Apple just came out with iOS 7.0.3, I think it will be a while before we see another update coming out.

Brady KEITH

Banned
Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
somewhat related question: am i correct that apple's OS updates are not subject to carrier approval? if so, why is apple able to bypass carrier approval of OS updates versus, for example, non-nexus devices running android?

(i'm aware that OS updates to the gnex were subject to vzw's review/approval.)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
somewhat related question: am i correct that apple's OS updates are not subject to carrier approval? if so, why is apple able to bypass carrier approval of OS updates versus, for example, non-nexus devices running android?

All iPhones of any specific generation are the same besides being CDMA or GSM. There is no UI that differs on iPhones to run with the OS. I don't believe there needs to be carrier approval. iPhones are not going to rendered useless because of a potential OS and manufacturer UI conflict.

#Naked Tuesday

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

Apple has agreements with carriers that they own the update process. Apple seeds OS updates to carriers for review before they publish them officially, but Apple controls this process, not the carriers. It's one of the perks of being the company with the iPhone, you get a little more control over carriers than other companies do.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Also, I would expect 7.1 in January. They could surprise us with a November release, but it's doubtful. Not much will be done in December due to the holidays.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
7.1 won't be out until sometime in 2014. The question should be will the beta for 7.1 come out by the end of this year or in January.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S coming soon) using Tapatalk.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
With tons of people getting there hands on the iPad Air and Retina iPad Mini over the next 30 to 60 days moving us into the holidays, and iOS 7.0.3 being put through its paces on those platforms, could anyone possibly see a 7.0.4 update?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Apple has agreements with carriers that they own the update process. Apple seeds OS updates to carriers for review before they publish them officially, but Apple controls this process, not the carriers. It's one of the perks of being the company with the iPhone, you get a little more control over carriers than other companies do.

This ... Plus no Carrier branding, or CrapWare!

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
With tons of people getting there hands on the iPad Air and Retina iPad Mini over the next 30 to 60 days moving us into the holidays, and iOS 7.0.3 being put through its paces on those platforms, could anyone possibly see a 7.0.4 update?

I read about an exploit recently that might necessitate an update if it is indeed true. I doubt we'll see any update with substantial features before the 7.1 update (as others have stated, probably not until after the holidays), but I doubt we'll even see substantial feature additions then.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

Love it when the right question is asked: probably the biggest reason I buy iDevices - no Bloat, no Branding, no Intervention, no Redundancies, nothing to slow your experience down. Clean, smooth, and consistent improvement and polish of all that is iOS (not just every new gimmick slapped on, but rebuilt all originals, then if there's something new, make sure it makes a users experience easier, not make it frustrating). To answer ur questions: Apple is the only company with enough caliber to fend off carrier's "habits", yet be so popular that carriers have no choice but offer these devices. In a nutshell, you want to sell iPhones - you're gonna sell them the way we designed them - for the consumer. Maybe it's just me but that how it feels.

Ok back to topic.....

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Love it when the right question is asked: probably the biggest reason I buy iDevices - no Bloat, no Branding, no Intervention, no Redundancies, nothing to slow your experience down. Clean, smooth, and consistent improvement and polish of all that is iOS (not just every new gimmick slapped on, but rebuilt all originals, then if there's something new, make sure it makes a users experience easier, not make it frustrating). To answer ur questions: Apple is the only company with enough caliber to fend off carrier's "habits", yet be so popular that carriers have no choice but offer these devices. In a nutshell, you want to sell iPhones - you're gonna sell them the way we designed them - for the consumer. Maybe it's just me but that how it feels.
Well stated!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR