iCloud mail, contacts and calendar

qtrim

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I use Google for my mail, calendar and contacts and I have them set up with my iPhone and iPad working good. Is there any reason for me to have mail, calendar and contacts turned on under the iCloud account settings?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I use Google for my mail, calendar and contacts and I have them set up with my iPhone and iPad working good. Is there any reason for me to have mail, calendar and contacts turned on under the iCloud account settings?

Well mail will just be your iCloud mail and calendar means you have a icould calendar so basically a gmail and I could calendar if you want only one turn them off

Only issue I see is contacts you prob will have issues because your contacts will not sync to both at same time it's one or other. If default is iCloud then new contact might sync to cloud and others gmail.. So it might make a mess

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you use all 3 of these Mail, Calendar and contacts and i am sure you do.... It sure makes things so much easier on you should you ever have to set your phone for some reason and return it to new in other words set your phone back to factory settings and now you want to restore these items. You are going to be asked if you wish to restore your phone from a previous backup...iTunes or iCloud. If you backup to iCloud, a simple push of a button and you are restored from what you have been backing up. Otherwise all the other answers you got are great to go by. Good luck.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar setup now, I use Google/Gmail for Mail, Contacts, and Calendar. On iCloud I have the following turned on: Reminders, Notes, Safari, Keychain, Photos, Documents/Data, and Find my iPad. I use the iCloud Control panel on my Windows laptop so pictures automatically show up there in my Photostream. I use the iCloud browser interface on my laptop to get to Reminders and Notes, in addition to using them on my iPad and iPhone.

It all works very well. While it would be nice if everything was in one place, it feels like all devices/computers are totally integrated to me! I am still fully protected as all data is either preserved on iCloud and other devices, or on the Google servers/other devices. Everyone has a different setup, that's what works for me!

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site

I would actually not have more than one cloud service enabled for contacts, especially. There is no good way I can find to tell the iPhone I want to create a contact and have them on one cloud service, but not the other; or have them on both cloud services.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh