Apps refuse to download.

toml2003

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Since being on iOS 7, I've had loads of apps that just refuse to download. I have plenty of space on my device and am running 7.0.3.

The 2 apps I want to try out are Media Player - PlayerXtreme HD and VLC Streamer Free.

When I try download either of these I get this error:

Unable to Download App.
Media Player - PlayerXtreme could not be downloaded at this time.

I've tried resetting my device, deleting the download attempt and starting again.

I can download other apps just fine.

Is anyone else having this problem?

demiles

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same issue on my ipad mini as well. Nothing seem to fix it and I've tried everything I can think of. My iPhone 5 is working fine.

mjsottawa

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
tom/demiles:

Try logging out and logging back in to the App Store during times when traffic is likely to be low, ie: at around 5:00 PM EST, or 12:00 AM (midnight) EST.

I logged in to do updates to my iPad this afternoon just before 5:00 PM EST and had NO problems downloading a TON of updates, even ones that refused to download at all or DL very slowly.

I run into constant "can't download" messages on my iPhone and iPad all the time.

Most can be resolved by simply trying again, or resetting my device.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Mark (mjsottawa)

dwane_m

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't have an occasional problem it's every single time I try. I've logged out and logged back in at least 10 times. If I close then reopen the App Store that app will show up in my purchased list but not downloaded. I must repeat that process multiple times to get an app to download. It's getting frustrating.

mjsottawa

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
dwane:

I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems. I haven't encountered issues of that scale on my iDevices as yet.

My iPad storage is somewhat corrupted currently, but not enough to cause problems of that type, I am figuring.

My best suggestion would be to totally reset your device by holding both the home button and the power button down for about 10-13 seconds, and do a full restart.

Then try your updates one last time once you restart iOS.

If you do not have any luck with this, my suggestion would be to either call Apple and walk through things with them, or visit an Apple Store and talk to someone at the Genius Bar.

Very likely, you will probably need to do a full Restore as New from iTunes on your Mac or PC to fix this one.

Good luck,

-Mark (mjsottawa)

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Maybe it's because the iOS. I don't know.
I have an iPhone 6s Plus and when it happens to me I log out the AppStore and iTunes and restart my phone. And it works well

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox