Sending Message - Contact Name Font Changes

DarranP

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else seen the following...

When I send a iMessage/SMS to someone, as it's sending the text at the top of the screen which says "sending..." suddenly changes to the contacts own name but in an obscure courier type font and twice the size. It just flashes for a second then goes back to normal but it seems to happen when I create a new message to a contact rather than replying to a message or adding to an already open thread.

Try opening a new message to someone and send them a message and watch the text at the top of the screen glitch as it's sending...

Last edited:

DarranP

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for checking, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my settings like the text size and the fact I have short names turned off but it's really annoying. I only notice it now and then, like I said it seems to be just after the sending... appears at the top it then flicks to a large courier style font for the word sending... before disappearing.

I've tried to take a screen grab but it's too quick to catch...I will try a few times now...

DarranP

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for checking guys, it's definitely software related so hopefully whatever combo of settings creates this will be fixed in a future update. It's actually the word "sending..." that suddenly doubles in size within the top display area and looks like it's in a courier style font for a split second before it completes. It looks like there's a weird refresh/focus because once it's actually sent the "Messages" back button appears to the left of the text when previously there wasn't any button.

I've just tried it and it did it again... I've cleared out all my messages and when I open messages it automatically opens a new message to compose, I send one to myself as a test and just after I press send you can see the text area where the contact first name-last name is displayed show a weird font as it transitions to sent and then a back button labelled "messages" becomes visible.

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for checking guys, it's definitely software related so hopefully whatever combo of settings creates this will be fixed in a future update. It's actually the word "sending..." that suddenly doubles in size within the top display area and looks like it's in a courier style font for a split second before it completes. It looks like there's a weird refresh/focus because once it's actually sent the "Messages" back button appears to the left of the text when previously there wasn't any button.

I've just tried it and it did it again... I've cleared out all my messages and when I open messages it automatically opens a new message to compose, I send one to myself as a test and just after I press send you can see the text area where the contact first name-last name is displayed show a weird font as it transitions to sent and then a back button labelled "messages" becomes visible.

Are you using a non-default font size? I have my phone set to the smallest font, and don't notice any issues.

DarranP

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys but I've fixed the bug...

I just restored my iphone and it's fixed the issue. Obviously was a bug of some type so I'm sure people with be affected from time to time. Just to confirm I had my text size set to about 25% of the slider bar. I've restored which obviously retains my settings and the issue has gone away so it must have been a glitch.

Thanks for your replies...

ScottyBoy_22

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I am having this exact same problem. I tried your solution (restore) and it hasn't fixed it.

I took a screenshot of it (it happens so quick).

BYUXGMAIUAAi3hp.jpg:large

You can see how the name is massive.

I've asked a few friends to try and replicate it and they can't. I tried to do it on an iPhone 5 in Tesco and it did do it.

Any ideas? It's really annoying. Like the OP said, it only does it on a fresh text message. Further replies are fine, it's just the first text.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen