Is it me or does Ios7 not look right on a black iphone 5S?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
It's you ...
It's a matter of preference. When I sold TV's, people would ask me which TV was the best. I would always point the wall of sets, and ask which one looks best to you. They would say that one (point to the preferred set) I would then inform them that was the best TV.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It's you ...
It's a matter of preference. When I sold TV's, people would ask me which TV was the best. I would always point the wall of sets, and ask which one looks best to you. They would say that one (point to the preferred set) I would then inform them that was the best TV.

how dare you make consumers think on their own lol

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There is no such thing as a black iphone 5S. There is a space grey version, however

Since we’re picking at the nits...

Actually, there is NO such thing as a "space grEy" iPhone 5S, either. It’s actually called "space grAy".

The body of the new dark iPhone 5s is space gray ... but the face of the phone - including the bezel around the screen IS black. It is neither space gray nor space grey.

z33dev33l

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Same problem, I almost want to trade my 5s for a green 5c because the drab color of the hardware doesn't mesh with the OS. I suppose a white would work too though.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You are right, ios7 does not look right on black iphone, for the same reason Apple has shown only white iphone and ipad on the official Apple ios 7 page: Apple - iOS 7

I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that. That is of course your opinion. I think iOS 7 looks great on all the devices. I saw the white/silver 5S at Verizon this week it looked sharp. However, I'm running iOS 7 on my black 4S and it looks just as good.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You are right, ios7 does not look right on black iphone, for the same reason Apple has shown only white iphone and ipad on the official Apple ios 7 page: Apple - iOS 7

Again white reflects light. It's smart to use it in ads and promotions to showcase your product. But the customer has choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Etios

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
It does not look right IN YOUR OPINION. it looks great in mine. Please don't even think about speaking for me.

I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that. That is of course your opinion. I think iOS 7 looks great on all the devices. I saw the white/silver 5S at Verizon this week it looked sharp. However, I'm running iOS 7 on my black 4S and it looks just as good.

WHO ARE YOU? where did i take your name? i supported the OP and the title and i stand behind my opinion, there is no reason to get defensive and emotional over it.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
WHO ARE YOU? where did i take your name? i supported the OP and the title and i stand behind my opinion, there is no reason to get defensive and emotional over it.

I'm not defensive or emotional over this. I was stating that this is your opinion, which I respect. I happen to have a different opinion. It all comes down to individual personal preference.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Dial it back just a bit. What I said was that in YOUR opinion it doesn't look good. MY opinion is that it does look good. Not an emotional response. Not a defensive response. Just a fact.

Last edited:

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have it running on my black 4s. Seems to look the same to me but other peoples preferences arent the same as mine.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 looks good on a black phone but I definitely think that the overall theme lends itself more to the lighter colors of the 5C or white front 5S. And as it seems necessary for some reason: yes, this is only my opinion.

I'm actually thinking about buying the white 5S because of it. This was previously almost unthinkable. I like a darker color on most of my stuff but between the new look of the software and the Stormtrooper design...Hm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice