Problems connecting to my Church's Wi-Fi, but not my home Wi-Fi network.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have an i5 that I have installed iOS 7 on. Since I have done this, I am having a problem with a wi-fi connection. I have an Airport Extreme at home, and it connects with no problem. But when I go to church, and try to join the wi-fi there, all that I get is the "spinner" It never connects, and I never had this issue on iOS 6. Any suggestions? TIA.

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Have You Verified The Church's Wifi Is Working Properly?!?! If So Try Forgetting The Network & Starting A New With It... If That Doesn't Work, Reset The Network Settings... & If That Doesn't Work I'm Sure A Wiser Member Can Help...

Sent From The State Of Ohio...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition to what kristopherlarry wrote, the Church may have placed a limit on how many simultaneous connections it allows. Check with its administration to verify and/or to help troubleshoot the problem

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
In addition to what kristopherlarry wrote, the Church may have placed a limit on how many simultaneous connections it allows. Check with its administration to verify and/or to help troubleshoot the problem

I was just about to say the same thing....JustMe'D is always faster! And much more in the know, so yea...definitely listen to him (and I am being completely honest).

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to say the same thing....JustMe'D is always faster! And much more in the know, so yea...definitely listen to him (and I am being completely honest).

Thank you, but you are being way too kind, my friend...;)

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I got a 5c for my daughter and it also will not connect to the church wi-fi. My wife has a 4s with iOS 6 and it connects without fail. I got a cheap 4 for backup, and it had iOS 7 on it, and it also won't connect at the church. I took an iPad 2, and it had no problem. It seems that anything that I take that is on iOS 7 has a connection problem.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I got a 5c for my daughter and it also will not connect to the church wi-fi. My wife has a 4s with iOS 6 and it connects without fail. I got a cheap 4 for backup, and it had iOS 7 on it, and it also won't connect at the church. I took an iPad 2, and it had no problem. It seems that anything that I take that is on iOS 7 has a connection problem.

That's irking the heck out of me. I've read where some people are having Wi-Fi related problems with iOS 7, but I've yet to experience an inability to connect with either of my devices running IOS 7 so I don't know what to tell you. Did you happen to update your device to IOS 7 OTA (Over the air)?

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
No, I did it through iTunes. I called Apple, and they told me that since I could connect to my home network, then nothing was wrong with the phones. It is just strange to me that everything I have ever had would work up until I got iOS 7.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro