Can iPhone display "Slide to Answer" only (and NOT "Remind me" & "Message" (IOS 7)?

TuneNut

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Can iPhone display "Slide to Answer" only (and NOT "Remind me" & "Message" (IOS 7)?

Hello,

Is there a setting to allow "Slide to answer" to be the only thing displayed when an incoming call comes and iPhone is locked (using IOS 7)? In short, I do not want "Remind me" and "Message" to be options when the phone rings. Thanks.

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can iPhone display "Slide to Answer" only (and NOT "Remind me" & "Message" (IOS 7)?

Hope for a jailbreak. If you are into that kind of stuff.

Sent from somewhere.

itsmemuffins

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can iPhone display "Slide to Answer" only (and NOT "Remind me" & "Message" (IOS 7)?

Hello,

Is there a setting to allow "Slide to answer" to be the only thing displayed when an incoming call comes and iPhone is locked (using IOS 7)? In short, I do not want "Remind me" and "Message" to be options when the phone rings. Thanks.

Why? What does it matter?

Do you stare at the screen, mesmerised at the little button, that prevents you from answering the phone?

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Drove me insane too so I put a big black sticker across the screen where those buttons show up. Makes the phone way more useable.

TuneNut

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Why? What does it matter?

Do you stare at the screen, mesmerised at the little button, that prevents you from answering the phone?

I work with elderly and disabled people (visually impaired or with limited dexterity) who have problems with it. For example, if the phone rings and they reach over for it, they often inadvertently select "Remind me" or "message" instead of touching the slider. They get flustered, are missing calls and find it frustrating. It would be good if there was an option to switch off those things.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Well now I feel like an ***. Especially since I also work with the disabled. But largely quadriplegics so that is not an issue. Just being able to use any device is an issue. Switch control that was added to ios7 may help some of our clients though. Maybe it could be a solution for some of your clients as well? Not sure. I haven't played with it that much yet

itsmemuffins

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

I work with elderly and disabled people (visually impaired or with limited dexterity) who have problems with it. For example, if the phone rings and they reach over for it, they often inadvertently select "Remind me" or "message" instead of touching the slider. They get flustered, are missing calls and find it frustrating. It would be good if there was an option to switch off those things.

I'm sure there's accessibility options for that. Call Apple support they'll help you out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73