Shared Calendar Alerts

trailracer618

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

My wife and I have shared iCloud calendars. When I make an update to my calender, she receives an alert letting her know that I've entered something into the calendar. However, when she enters something into the calendar, I do not get a pushed alert. The alert doesn't pop up until I've opened the calendar, which makes the alert feature pretty pointless. I have Shared Calendar Alerts set to on in my settings. Anyone know what I can do to fix this? I should note that I've had this problem since iOS 6.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife, daughter and I share a work calendar in which I input our daughter's work schedule on my device and they view it on theirs. I send her a message asking her to make a minor edit to today's calendar to see if I can replicate your issue. When she does, I'll update this post with the findings.

UPDATE: I received a reply to my iMessage, and a few seconds later, I received the alert regarding a change in the shared calendar so I don't know what to tell you, except maybe reboot your device and/or delete the calendar account and then reconfigure it.

Photo Oct 08, 3 37 13 PM.png

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Go into iCloud dot com and check on the left hand side for the calendar you are looking at and see if the alert is set to go off. I think that's it if I'm not mistaken.

trailracer618

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Figured it out, and I feel rather silly for not noticing it before. Under Settings>Mail,Contacts, Calendars, I had "Fetch New Data" marked as Push. However when you click on "Fetch New Data", it will go to a screen that lists your email accounts. It was there that I noticed iCloud was set to Manual. I've now changed it to Push. Problem solved. Thanks for your input everyone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Figured it out, and I feel rather silly for not noticing it before. Under Settings>Mail,Contacts, Calendars, I had "Fetch New Data" marked as Push. However when you click on "Fetch New Data", it will go to a screen that lists your email accounts. It was there that I noticed iCloud was set to Manual. I've now changed it to Push. Problem solved. Thanks for your input everyone.

Great catch, and thank you for updating us. Take care...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR