What issues are you having with iOS 7?

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
For me my top 3 are

1. battery life is much worse
2. iMessage I'm finding out is very unreliable. A bunch of my messages are not going through
3. iTunes radio keeps giving me a message "not connected to network" even though I am and all other data works

A minor issue is that it seems harder to press on the correct spot to get controls to respond. Especially for music.

What issues are you guys having? Also if you know any fixes...

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Seeing very little in terms of malfunction on the 4S and iPad 4. Battery life unchanged. All in all it's a step up.

I like the interface on iTunes Radio but the song selection is kind of messed up IMO. Pandora, smaller catalog aside, seems to be far more astute at this. Hey, they've been doing it longer.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is at least as good as it was in ios6. My wifes 4 was abysmal until she shut off auto app refresh setting, then it went back to what it was in ios6.
I just find ios7 a bit glitchy still. Not quite as smooth as you expect from an apple product. But over all, very good. imessage was spotty yesterday but it was the first time since the update I've had any problem with it.

BTSee

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has been worse and I've had some issues with iMessage. iMessage isn't recognizing a contact is also on iMessage and sending messages as texts, or sending them as iMessages and immediately saying they failed to send. Re-sending them doesn't change the result. But the iMessage issues are spotty and it does work properly most of the time.

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the 4s as well. What I realized yesterday is iMessages we're get stuck in "sending" all day so I'm wondering if that was messing up my battery life.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For me my top 3 are

1. battery life is much worse
Go through EVERY device setting and make adjustments accordingly. Afterwards, go through each individual app's setting/option and do the same
2. iMessage I'm finding out is very unreliable. A bunch of my messages are not going through
Try turning off the device and then turning it back on or go to Settings>General>Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings".
3. iTunes radio keeps giving me a message "not connected to network" even though I am and all other data works
A reboot or network reset should fix this issue.

A minor issue is that it seems harder to press on the correct spot to get controls to respond. Especially for music.

What issues are you guys having? Also if you know any fixes...
With the exception of iMessage acting up yesterday morning, until I rebooted, I don't have any issues to report. iOS 7 is running smoothly on my iPhone 5.

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
if you turn off the extra location settings and background app refresh, battery life on iOS 7 is great

bloodspun

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Only problem I'm having is the fact I can't send picture messages, though I don't know what exact reason is, and I have no idea if people are getting my texts or not when I'm not using iMessage.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Only problem I'm having is the fact I can't send picture messages, though I don't know what exact reason is, and I have no idea if people are getting my texts or not when I'm not using iMessage.

If your sending a picture to someone using "SMS" then you need to send it using 3G/4G/LTE only

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Every once in awhile my email notification on the home screen fails to clear when they've been read but completely closing the app has fixed it so far. Other than that I've got nothing & I absolutely love iOS 7. :)

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
iMessage has been the biggest issue for me. Late last week iMessages stopped sending for me as well as my wife and a few other iOS7 users. Tried a couple things that worked temporarily but had to perform that action a few times a day. After putting the phone into airplane mode for a minute or so last night iMessage seems to be clear today. Don't know for how long though. Battery life seems no worse than iOS6 but I have seen my company's email exchange system affect it dramatically on heavy days... I don't judge the battery thing harshly for that fact alone - just keep a charging source handy. Haven't tried iTunes Radio yet.

jefftam68

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I thought you never had to reboot an iPhone! ;-)
Sorry for the troll comment. Go ahead and blast me. :) Its just been funny all these years with iPhone peeps harassing me for having to reboot my BB once in a while so I'm jabbing back..

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
My only issue is that I cannot put my phone down. The cnet app crashed a few times but it did on my s4 as well. I'd say that's an app error

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
iMessage is not working half the time. It's not syncing between iDevices. When I tried to access the messages setting under settings the phone froze and became unresponsive for a minute. I'm also noticing that Safari also randomly crashes a lot more frequently particularly with most sites with YouTube videos embedded in them. Also stock iOS apps frequently crash periodically as well. Sometimes Siri on either the iPhone or iPad will be unresponsive. Ask him/her something and the mic just spins and spins.

Finally I got frustrated and just decided to restore both the iPhone and iPad. Restored both as new just in case anything that was causing the bugs was backed up to either device. Upon completion of the restore on the iPhone I launch the camera app for first time...guess what? IT CRASHED! Both devices are on 7.0.2.

I really feel that Apple rushed the release of iOS 7 way to early. It is so not ready for prime time!