"slide to unlock"

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Not really just that I found it weird that it does not make the sound and it took some adjusting to get used to not hearing the sound cause I would have to do a double take to make sure the phone actually unlocked cause I use the pin lock as we'll and after entering the code it would make the sound to alert you that it unlocked but now it doesn't.

But if you're unlocking with a PIN, you're by definition looking at the screen?you'll see it unlock. Which is probably why Apple DID leave in the lock sound when putting a screen to sleep?something many people do as they're looking away from or pocketing their phones, so there it serves a functional purpose.

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
A post I made from another thread about the unlock sound seems relevant here:

The sounds is kind of skeuophonic. Okay, that's probably not a word but think about it this way: if you're sliding a distinct plane away does it make sense for it to make a sound like a door unlocking? No not really. I imagine the conversation went like this:

"Well if we take out that sound how will users know their phone is unlocked?"
"Probably because they can see their apps."
"..."
"Okay, go ahead and commit that."

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
A post I made from another thread about the unlock sound seems relevant here:

I can understand that but why after 7 IOS updates did they decide it was not needed anymore it was something that I kinda got used to then it was gone and it was in the Betas but removed with the GM and Final release.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can understand that but why after 7 IOS updates did they decide it was not needed anymore it was something that I kinda got used to then it was gone and it was in the Betas but removed with the GM and Final release.

It was removed in iOS 7 beta 4... And the unlock sound was kind of redundant for me cause "I'm looking at the screen when I'm unlocking it, why do I have to be notified that I unlocked it when I can see it?" But for those that are blind they are going to have a hard time and apple should at least add it back in accessibility settings for those that need it or want it.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree...there are times I still look at my phone because I didn't hear the unlock click. Sometimes when walking, I will pull out my phone and swipe to unlock, but then do a double take because I didn't hear anything. It's not a big deal to me really, but something to get used to after having the unlock click for so long on iPhones.

For those who say it is not needed because you should be able to look at the phone and see your apps...I guess the same could be said for the lock noise. You could just look at your phone, see nothing, and know it is locked I guess.

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I agree...there are times I still look at my phone because I didn't hear the unlock click. Sometimes when walking, I will pull out my phone and swipe to unlock, but then do a double take because I didn't hear anything. It's not a big deal to me really, but something to get used to after having the unlock click for so long on iPhones.

For those who say it is not needed because you should be able to look at the phone and see your apps...I guess the same could be said for the lock noise. You could just look at your phone, see nothing, and know it is locked I guess.

Thank you I could not say it any better that's exactly how I felt but apparently no one else seems to understand that.