Help with "cannot get mail" on IOS7

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
I uploaded ios7 on my wifes iphone 5 I have ios7 on my 5s. I tried setting up gmail on exchange for push email on her device but it kept saying cannot get mail. The connection to the server failed. I try 6 times watching vids on how to do it and nothing worked. I then tried loading my gmail account on her phone and it worked. Strange to say the least. Get this today my gmail on exchange for the first time ever quits working and I get the same error she had last night. We check her phone and her phone is getting my gmail on exchange without a hitch. Could it be the two phones are trying to ping google and at the same time and that is causing the crashes or is it a IOS thing? Why won't hers load her email address on her phone. I get her gmail account to work on iphone 5 using the gmail setup on IOS without issues but exchange won't let it go through. help:confused:

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
I found the settting in notification center but there in no on and off for push and not selection for sounds. I just tested and no badge or icon on the top.

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I have switched to the Gmail app and it works perfectly. My email actually shows on my iPhone faster than it used to on various Android devices and most of the time it shows faster than my web interface on my PC.

I of course still added Gmail to my accounts in settings for my contacts, calenders, and for when I want to send an email through the sharing options, but I don't even use the built in mail app any more, only the Google Gmail app.

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I found the settting in notification center but there in no on and off for push and not selection for sounds. I just tested and no badge or icon on the top.

There is no option for push, the app is only designed for Push. As far as I can tell in the sounds area of settings, there also is not a option for custom sounds, but that is not an uncommon thing for apps, I can't really think of any app that once installed populates the Sounds area of the settings with options for sounds (FB and others that are built into iOS are just that, built in, so installing the app is not what adds it to the menu options). Go into your Notification Center area of settings and make sure you have Gmail set up with the Notifications you want (banner, badge, etc), then, open the Gmail app. In the upper L corner there is a menu button, tap it and the mail should slide over revealing folders, etc. Top right of the dark area is a gear, tap that. Make sure you have it set to All New Mail for Notifications. Send your self a test email from another account from a different device, and let us know if that solved your problem. :)