Wallpaper size issues on iOS 7

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
In iOS6 one could resize a picture (smaller or larger) as their wallpaper.

However now in iOS7 you can make the picture larger but not smaller as wallpaper.

Has anyone else ran into this?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Wallpaper

Go into setting and general' accessibility and turn on reduce motion. That will fix the issue.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

That doesn't seem to fix the issue in both my wife's and my phone. We've had that off for a long time now.

I want to "pinch" the picture smaller. It seems ios7 defaults to a particular size and won't let you make is smaller.

Does that make sense?

goodevening

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

That doesn't seem to fix the issue in both my wife's and my phone. We've had that off for a long time now.

I want to "pinch" the picture smaller. It seems ios7 defaults to a particular size and won't let you make is smaller.

Does that make sense?

I turned on the setting for reduce motion on my phone and it would not let me pinch the photo to make it smaller to the point where it would show black above and below the picture like it would before. Instead when I pinched it would bounce back to the bigger size.

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

I've tried all the listed fixes on my iPad and iphone4. None of them have worked so far. Still can't resize what I want.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

I turned on the setting for reduce motion on my phone and it would not let me pinch the photo to make it smaller to the point where it would show black above and below the picture like it would before. Instead when I pinched it would bounce back to the bigger size.

exactly my problem.

fred perry1

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a solution for this!! It is not ideal but it does work. If you go into your photos and view the photo you would like for the wallpaper, then with your index and middle finger scale down the photo and keep your fingers on the screen, then with your thumb and finger from the other hand, screenshot it and use that screenshot at the wallpaper. It take a few attempts to get it right but hey, it works haha :) hopes hat helps

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Correct, a screenshot is a good simple workaround. Basically, any image you use has to reach all sides of the screen.

clubatc

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

That is better but still unable to reduce to the extent desired and able to do with iOS6. I am pleased with 7 but would certainly like to see this issue resolved

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2