how long do I have to wait for facetime and iMessage activation?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
So I just did restore as new and restore backup to upgrade to iOS 7. Now my facetime and iMessage settings said 'waiting for activation', so I can not send both via my phone number, only my email.

How long does it take to activate both?

Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That depends on what's going on with Apple's activation service. Have you tried, rebooting your device or resetting your network settings, especially if you upgraded to iOS 7 OTA?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
no, I upgraded using iTunes, that's the only way to restore from new and restore backup. I already reboot my phone 3-4 times after upgrade.

but I thought if iOS is not activated, I can not access the phone. I can access the phone, but I just can not see my activation on facetime and iMessage.

if I go to my settings and facetime or imessage, the send and receive said that I can be reached at my email (I see the check sign next to the email), but NOT on the phone number.

should I restore my phone again?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
no, I upgraded using iTunes, that's the only way to restore from new and restore backup. I already reboot my phone 3-4 times after upgrade.

but I thought if iOS is not activated, I can not access the phone. I can access the phone, but I just can not see my activation on facetime and iMessage.

if I go to my settings and facetime or imessage, the send and receive said that I can be reached at my email (I see the check sign next to the email), but NOT on the phone number.

should I restore my phone again?
What do you mean you cannot "see your activation"? When you login to iMessage or FaceTime, it will activate and then the little level will display green and you're done. If there's a problem, it will tell you that it could not be activated or something to that effect. Is that what you're getting?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73