Frequent Locations

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
By my understanding frequent locations is supposed to be Apples similar version of google now where it displays info based on where you are.

I have had frequent locations enabled since I downloaded iOS 7 and I can see where it's recorded info. But I don't get where this info is supposed to show up at and where/how it's used. Am I overlooking something or does frequent locations seem useless?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
By my understanding frequent locations is supposed to be Apples similar version of google now where it displays info based on where you are.

I have had frequent locations enabled since I downloaded iOS 7 and I can see where it's recorded info. But I don't get where this info is supposed to show up at and where/how it's used. Am I overlooking something or does frequent locations seem useless?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah...what he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I think if you're taking photos on a regular basis then this comes in handy. The OS will arrange them based on location and time. Otherwise, depending on which app is enabled in location services, the value is more "on the spot". Think Yelp, for example.

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I think if you're taking photos on a regular basis then this comes in handy. The OS will arrange them based on location and time. Otherwise, depending on which app is enabled in location services, the value is more "on the spot". Think Yelp, for example.

I don't think it has to do with photos. iOS 6 as well as iOS 7 has a photos option for that under location services so I really don't think it's for keeping track of where pictures are taken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
From my imperfect memory, it's supposed to tell you how long it will take to get to your (likely) next location.
I also thought there was going to be deeper integration with maps, to give you alternate routes.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Frequent locations seems odd so far.

So far, it has my work and home as 'locations'.
It shows me at work on Monday and Thursday of this week.
I've been there all week at the same times, so what happened to Tue. Wed. & Fri. ?
Home is even weirder. It has me leaving the house at 3 am one night.
I don't sleep walk, so what the heck is up with this?

If you're not sure where to see these dates and times:
Settings
Privacy
Location Services, scroll to bottom
System Services
Frequent Locations
History, then tap on whatever locations are displayed.
On the next screen, tap it again to see dates and times.

Perry_Orne

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I commented in another post that "Frequent Locations" is an odd name. I flew from San Antonio to San Francisco through Houston. It recorded the George Bush Airport as a frequent location even though that's the only time I've been there in a few years.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods