wifi acting weird on iOS 7

mamutarka

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello, i restored my iPhone 5 as new phone before upgrading to ios7, and now I have some wifi issues. whatsapp, viber, tapatalk and other apps are having some kind of delay. tapatalk refresh is taking too long, whatsapp sending messages has delay, everything is laggy.

And now I did this iOS: Wi-Fi settings grayed out or dim , and seems fine now, but worried why that even happened

Am I the only one or others have this strange wifi issues too?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Some of the standard troubleshooting applies... reboot the phone... Go into settings>> general>> reset>> reset network settings -- you'll have to re-set up any enter passwords, etc. on any previously saved wifi connections... if problems persist - go back to settings, and instead of resetting network settings - reset all settings... if issues still persist - the next step is erase all content and settings... after that, reinstall the iOS.

And you can also reboot any wifi hotspot hardware you have the full control over and reboot the hotspot(s).

mamutarka

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I know all those things, did some. but I was wondering is anyone else having this kind of issues, maybe it is ios 7 related..was googling a bit and found similar topics there. It's always easier for you if u know that u are not the only one with issue :p

kasper waltz

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have also been facing this issue for quite sometime now. This started when i upgraded my iphone 4s to ios7. It initially didn't connect to wifi and sometimes it did but vanishes. Then when i retry it just hung. Now its behaving damn weird, when ever wifi is ON it doesn't function properly and gets hung at any app of settings page. then the only solution left for me is to power off. but then also it doesn't start properly.

It has been very slow post upgrade. WTF is happening i don't know.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I know all those things, did some. but I was wondering is anyone else having this kind of issues, maybe it is ios 7 related..was googling a bit and found similar topics there. It's always easier for you if u know that u are not the only one with issue :p
Not me. Wi-Fi is working like it always had and so does Tapatalk, however, with Tapatalk, you may have to go into its settings, scroll down to the bottom and then select "Clear Cache".

mamutarka

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
It was wide apps issue, reddit, tapatalk, viber..

but reset network settings solved this issue.

I just don't know how can restored phone have this issues after few days of usage..I would say It's okay if I didn't do restore. But I did...weird

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My wifi keeps dropping intermittently. I wasn't having any problems on iOS 6.....I'm going to wait a couple of days befor I start blaming iOS 7 but I'm thinking it's guilty at the moment.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No problems with wifi on my 4S... 3G is a different story though... Random slow downs for no reason on 3G...

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free