Update screen won't clear out updated apps

mad_iphone4

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else notice that on iOS7 when you update an app the apps stay on the screen with "open" next to it? They used to disappear on 6 when you closed the App Store.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Someone else posted a similar message in a different thread so I'll reply likewise. The updated app list will clear itself. I do not have a specific timeframe but the list of updated apps that appeared yesterday are gone today.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Someone else posted a similar message in a different thread so I'll reply likewise. The updated app list will clear itself. I do not have a specific timeframe but the list of updated apps that appeared yesterday are gone today.
Mine goes back to September 6th... 24 apps...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

The app will clear 14 days after the day it was updated

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Depending on the number of apps and their update frequency, that page may never (of infrequently) be empty.

I know that's why I sent some feedback to Apple that they should change it so once you see the app in the update section of the App Store the next time you open the App Store app it should not be there unless there was another update for that app

susanls

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
For the life of me I can't figure out why they changed this. Give us this info online. Don't crowd my screen with this crap. Some of my friends literally have 5-7 hundred apps. Many apps update regularly. At least give us the option or retaining this I for or deleting by date do updates

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
For the life of me I can't figure out why they changed this. Give us this info online. Don't crowd my screen with this crap. Some of my friends literally have 5-7 hundred apps. Many apps update regularly. At least give us the option or retaining this I for or deleting by date do updates

My suggestion would be to let Apple know how you feel.

Apple - iPhone - Feedback

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I know that's why I sent some feedback to Apple that they should change it so once you see the app in the update section of the App Store the next time you open the App Store app it should not be there unless there was another update for that app

I agree with this.

davemeysner

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a different but similar issue with ios7. After I download an App and then return to open the AppStore the download image of the previous App is 'locked' on the screen preventing me from accessing any other App, although you can see the AppStore in the background. Any ideas welcome?

gloger

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Go to date and time and take it off "Set Automatically". Change the date a year ahead and then go to App store. Updates will clear then go back and set the time and date again.
Worked for me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal