Lock screen bug that allows access to photo gallery

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey all. Not sure if this was posted already, but there's a bug that allows users to bypass your passcode and go straight into your photo gallery. Once there, they are apparently able to send your pictures out to wherever they want.

I've been able to repeat the process on my wife's phone. I haven't tried sharing though.

I'll update with a link to the video on YouTube once I find it.

Edit: this is the closest link I could find at the moment. http://www.frequency.com/video/how-to-get-full-access-to-photo-gallery/120126873?cid=50-3_604454

jraw23

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
To disable the control center from being accessed on the lock screen go to Settings > Control Center and then disable it from being accessed on the lock screen.

Also don't you need the camera app to be already running on the device in order to access the photos. I have tried getting into my device by using that trick and it works, but I am unable to select any application I have running or the home screen. If I have the camera app running in the background I can access that though, as well as all of my photos. So if you do not feel like having to disable the control center from the lock screen you could always just make sure you close the camera app until Apple fixes the bug.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just disable Control center from showing on the lock screen.

Excellent suggestion. Also another reason for people who dislike the Control Center to turn it off.

However, many people like it. Even my stepson, who greatly dislikes anything Android related.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
To disable the control center from being accessed on the lock screen go to Settings > Control Center and then disable it from being accessed on the lock screen.

Also don't you need the camera app to be already running on the device in order to access the photos. I have tried getting into my device by using that trick and it works, but I am unable to select any application I have running or the home screen. If I have the camera app running in the background I can access that though, as well as all of my photos. So if you do not feel like having to disable the control center from the lock screen you could always just make sure you close the camera app until Apple fixes the bug.

Agreed on closing the camera app until a fix is released. I just hope, in light of all the bullying involving photos, the fix is soon. Not many people know about basic things like this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73