How to add a new contact in ios7

aapierre

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I dialled a new mobile number today and then after the call decided to add the number as a contact.

I hit the little i next to the number and then scrolled down to add as new contact.

The number was there and all the fields were there but no keyboard was availble to type in the contact name etc...

Anyone got any hints

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Tap on one of the fields in the contact record on the screen... like "First"... and a keyboard should come up...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I dialled a new mobile number today and then after the call decided to add the number as a contact.

I hit the little i next to the number and then scrolled down to add as new contact.

The number was there and all the fields were there but no keyboard was availble to type in the contact name etc...

Anyone got any hints

Dumb / obvious question... did you tap in the contact name field? I have no keyboard until I tap in an editable field... I’m sure you did, but gotta cover the basics...

If that isn't the issue, try deleting the add process and try it again... I just tested it and it worked for me.

aapierre

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Tap on one of the fields in the contact record on the screen... like "First"... and a keyboard should come up...

Dumb / obvious question... did you tap in the contact name field? I have no keyboard until I tap in an editable field... I’m sure you did, but gotta cover the basics...

If that isn't the issue, try deleting the add process and try it again... I just tested it and it worked for me.

Did that, no keyboard.

If i tap the done button it saves the contact without any name details

Nieves Espinosa

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Same problem.

Did turned off and on the phone. Still not keyborad available. The problem is only in Contacts, not in any other app.

Thanks for any clue.

mavyvaz

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I guess you are using an iPhone 4. To get the keyboard, restart the phone, not just switch it off and on.... Press the home button and power button on the top together for a few second to restart the phone... when the phone restarts, you would get the keyboard when you click on any editable field such as first last etc... Trust this helps.

Last edited:

ss122752

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
've had the same issue. Reset your phone holding down the center button on the face of your phone and the power button on the top right. This solves lots of issues.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner