Does anyone know how to disable the lockscreen passcode?

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
i've been looking around and can't seem to find an answer, if there is one - does anyone know how to disable the passcode?

we had a situation in the family a couple of years ago, where a family member was severely ill and his phone was locked, nurses needed to get into it for phone numbers.

iphone 5 running os7

thanks all, kim

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
You can disable it in Settings app but you have to know the passcode to disable it

sorry, im new at this one, just left bb again - i went into settings>general>auto lock which is set to 1 min. if i turn to "never" my screen never turns off. under passcode lock, says "immediately" hit that and i have keypad to enter passcode - i have nothing in that. and it still takes passcode to open.

obviously i'm doing something wrong........cause i can't seem to get rid of it,

dmedesha

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
We just had "let's all forget our passcodes" week. I'm getting good at doing factory resets since none of our users backup to iCloud and Websense blocks iTunes from the PCs. Are there any good "back door" apps out there so we can save these good folks from themselves?

Lew Amack

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
The advice given here does not work. After you've entered the passcode, selected Turn Passcode Off, and waited for that process, you will be asked to reenter the Passcode. Sure enough, the Passcode is still required every few seconds as your phone blacks out to save the battery. I will need to call 611 for expert consultation.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The advice given here does not work. After you've entered the passcode, selected Turn Passcode Off, and waited for that process, you will be asked to reenter the Passcode. Sure enough, the Passcode is still required every few seconds as your phone blacks out to save the battery. I will need to call 611 for expert consultation.

611 will tell you no different. Go to Settings >Passcode>Turn Passcode Off
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438085493.321341.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438085505.521529.jpg
Choose "Turn Off"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438085539.355529.jpg

Alternatively, you can set for different times.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438085577.838383.jpg

Buzz46

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, but my iPhone 5c does NOT have a PASSCODE option under Settings.General. When I am under SETTINGS, my phone displays the following options:
About; Software Update; Siri; Spotlight Search; Handoff & Suggested Apps; Accessibility; Usage; Background Refresh; Auto-Lock; Restrictions; Date & Time; Keyboard; Language & Region; iTunes WiFi Sync; VPN (says "Not Connected"; and Reset.

Any idea what I need to do in order to not have to enter my PIN each time?

THANK YOU.