Auto App updating

coreymcl

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
How often will iOS 7 update apps that are installed on your device? I'm curious to know if it will do this only once a day or every couple of hours.

Thanks for the info.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
How often will iOS 7 update apps that are installed on your device? I'm curious to know if it will do this only once a day or every couple of hours.

Thanks for the info.

I am not sure how often it checks, but it is definitely multiple times per day. I got updates about 4 or 5 times yesterday.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It was checking several times for me. I decided to turn this feature off and do the updates manually instead.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Hughey79

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I turned off auto update as well. However now there have been four apps that have updated and they are still showing in the update page and it says open. Is there a way to clear them out since they have been updated already?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I turned off auto update as well. However now there have been four apps that have updated and they are still showing in the update page and it says open. Is there a way to clear them out since they have been updated already?

No. They will stay on that list for about 2 weeks... makes it easy to see what has updated recently...

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine isn't auto updating for some reason. I just clicked on the app store and I had 6 updates pop up all of a sudden

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine isn't auto updating for some reason. I just clicked on the app store and I had 6 updates pop up all of a sudden

Not sure why... I haven’t seen any updates today... yesterday afternoon they stopped for a while, even though I knew there were updates... then BAM! suddenly I had like 15 show up and auto update... I suspect that it may have something to do with volume and the servers being slammed... but can’t say for sure...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner