My Jailbroken iPhone 4 barely keeps a charge after updating apps. Help.

mlsmith

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So I have a jail broken iPhone 4 running 6.1. I haven't downloaded 7 yet but yesterday a massive push of app updates came through with 7 support and I updated the apps. My phone after the updates will now only hold a charge for about 3 hours. I have already tried a hard reset, a *228 update (verizon) and I have manually closed all of the apps. Any ideas out there???

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So I have a jail broken iPhone 4 running 6.1. I haven't downloaded 7 yet but yesterday a massive push of app updates came through with 7 support and I updated the apps. My phone after the updates will now only hold a charge for about 3 hours. I have already tried a hard reset, a *228 update (verizon) and I have manually closed all of the apps. Any ideas out there???

Two things. First try calibrating the battery... let it run all the way down, then charge it fully.

If that fails, try reinstalling the update (DFU mode, install) and then set it up as new.

mlsmith

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I tried your first option last night and that didn't work. I'll try installing ios7 and hopefully that cures the problem.

mlsmith

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Didn't work. The battery is still discharging at a fast rate. In two hours with zero usage it went from100% to 24 %. ��

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You bring up the app installation. Let's ignore that for a moment.

Recently, how has the battery been performing? Has it been steady? Was it slowly decaying in duration?

mlsmith

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The problem started however with the app installation. I had in intention of updating to iOS 7 and I liked my jailbreak. I figured going to 7 would solve the problem. It didn't. Right now the phone can get about four hours of stand by before it's dead. Prior to the app updates I could go a couple of days without charging it. It happened that suddenly which has to lead me to believe it's not a battery issue but something somewhere draining it.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Since you've already done the restore. Restore as new rather than as a backup. Don't install any of your apps. Give it a day to see if the battery problems continue.

mlsmith

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your advice and help. Seriously thank you! In another thread I read about the native weather app draining the battery so I turned that off and it seems like problem solved. Three days of frustration gone. Lol

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Something to think about when your frustration has gone down: the 4 can be downgraded if you decide you prefer the jailbreak to ios7. redsn0w can tell you which shsh blobs you have available.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices