iOS7 Siri problem

Jason Truitt

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I updated to the new iOS7 on my iPad Mini today and I am still stuck with the old Siri voice. I can change to the male voice but it sounds just as robotic as the old female Siri voice. Anyone else with this issue? Suggestions?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I updated to the new iOS7 on my iPad Mini today and I am still stuck with the old Siri voice. I can change to the male voice but it sounds just as robotic as the old female Siri voice. Anyone else with this issue? Suggestions?

It's only been slightly tweaked and remastered. You won't notice much difference.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Jason Truitt

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I know but comparing my wife's iPhone 5 with iOS7 there is a night and day difference. Hers is very natural sounding, like the new Siri's voice should sound. Mine is still the old one. I have compared between 3 devices. 1 iOS 6 and 2 iOS 7 devices. My mini is still definitely different than the new voice.

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
You have to give it a few hours. Sometimes days. Some have said that it downloads the voice data files eventually.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
you know what, i just noticed this too. on beta 6 i had the new one. now on the GM, its back to the old one again. but only for the female voice. the male is the newer one.

EDIT: switched back to female and it was back to the normal newer voice. i think it was a server issue since siri was really slow and lagging before.

Jason Truitt

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
you know what, i just noticed this too. on beta 6 i had the new one. now on the GM, its back to the old one again. but only for the female voice. the male is the newer one.

EDIT: switched back to female and it was back to the normal newer voice. i think it was a server issue since siri was really slow and lagging before.

Still the old one for me. Even the male voice is very robotic. My Iphone 5 is the new natural voice but I can get it to work on my Mini.

Oyster Boy

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
This is going to sound like dumb, but I just fixed mine by turning OFF enhanced quality. This is under General/ Accessability/ Speak Selection/ Voices/ English(United States)/ then turn it off. Weird but it's working. I have an iphone 5s on 7.0.4 just out of the box yesterday.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods