Who's having iOS 7 activation problems?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you among the many people who are seeing the following message after installing iOS 7?

Your iPhone could not be activated
because the activation server cannot be
reached. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a
couple of minutes.

Let's hear about, if you are.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I caved and updated LOL. And yes, I am getting the same error. I keep hitting "Try Again" but I'm assuming it's due to Apple's servers being super busy today...

khalid7412002

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue with both itunes and my iphone 5 after updating to iOS 7. I took a break from studying for an hour to do this and now my phone is not working. That's the price one pays to be on the cutting edge. Hopefully it is resolved for everyone but people try to remember the strain on the Apple's servers today and perhaps not get too heated over some minor issues here and there. Be thankful we have this opportunity that many others in this world do not! Stay safe everyone and enjoy the rest of your days!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I caved and updated LOL. And yes, I am getting the same error. I keep hitting "Try Again" but I'm assuming it's due to Apple's servers being super busy today...

I am having the same issue with both itunes and my iphone 5 after updating to iOS 7. I took a break from studying for an hour to do this and now my phone is not working. That's the price one pays to be on the cutting edge. Hopefully it is resolved for everyone but people try to remember the strain on the Apple's servers today and perhaps not get too heated over some minor issues here and there. Be thankful we have this opportunity that many others in this world do not! Stay safe everyone and enjoy the rest of your days!

I suppose it goes to show how many people are interested in having iOS 7 on their beloved devices, huh? Well, continue to be patient and I'm sure it'll clear up soon enough....:)

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: OS 7 Update

Mine downloaded and installed but I got to a setup screen that says "Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached."

khalid7412002

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I suppose it goes to show how many people are interested in having iOS 7 on their beloved devices, huh? Well, continue to be patient and I'm sure it'll clear up soon enough....:)

That is the absolute truth. I even had my phone jailbroken to the teeth and I could not wait for this update to land. Recently I made some living changing decisions that has made me a little more livelier and iOS 7 is the perfect compliment to this new outlook on life. Before my background was dark theme and blah, where as my new one with iOS 7 will be colorful and positive. The biggest selling point for me is native cards multitasking UI that is sure to be smoother than the jailbroken one that I had. I have lamented for WebOS cards multitasking to come to iOS since palm was gutted and tossed to the wolves. Now I have the best of both worlds, the phone aspect of my life is finally at peace.

smccloud

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Installed & activated fine. Screwed something up so I reset. Now I can't activate and being on call makes it so I am stuck at home instead of going to the gym like I planned on.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T BUT I made the "mistake" of getting on wifi and I can't get off it to activate. I feel like if I were on the cellular network it would've worked fine...:p

mamutarka

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I am so stupid, I installed iOS 7 OTA, and then i went to iTunes and did restore, because I want it to be like fresh new. and now activation issues..

I am so stupid. :( should have left OTA and gg.

smccloud

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Finally re-activated. So far I cannot download much due to the servers being overloaded but oh well. On the plus side, I got rid of a lot of stuff I don't use anymore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods