iMessage texts get stuck?

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My wifes phone (all 3 of us me, my son, and wife have the 4s) has an issue texting... at least 1/2 of the time hers do not get to me untill she has sent a few more then they all come at once. Sometimes it can take a LOOOONG time (like 30+ mins) - then sometimes it goes through as text instead??

This is all in the same house, all on wifi.

any ideas??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My wifes phone (all 3 of us me, my son, and wife have the 4s) has an issue texting... at least 1/2 of the time hers do not get to me untill she has sent a few more then they all come at once. Sometimes it can take a LOOOONG time (like 30+ mins) - then sometimes it goes through as text instead??

This is all in the same house, all on wifi.

any ideas??
Try going to Settings>General>Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings". That may fix the issue for you all. Does it work the same or better when sending iMessage via 3G or LTE?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
same no matter what (no LTE.. its the 4s) and its only her phone.. no issues on mine

Okay, thanks. Have her turn off her device, wait 30 seconds or so and then turn it back on. t may remedy itself. Will she be upgrading to iOS 7? If so, hang tight until after the update is installed and see if the issue gets fixed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR