Note to Millions of Users

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to do update via itunes. Does that take less? whats ipsw? Actually "Settings" says I have 3.1 GB

If your updating via iTunes then all you need is 300 MB of free space on your iOS device.
ipsw = iOS firmware file

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to do update via itunes. Does that take less? whats ipsw? Actually "Settings" says I have 3.1 GB

If I understand OTAs from my webOS days it needs space to shuffle the cards but the actually size of the updated OS is a lot smaller

Sent from my iPhone 5

soodmanhar

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
What time are we getting update. I am currently in South Africa and like thousand times since morning I have check via OTA but no update so far. Currently it's 1PM here South African time

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
What time are we getting update. I am currently in South Africa and like thousand times since morning I have check via OTA but no update so far. Currently it's 1PM here South African time

You have to wait longer. Usually around 1pm est which is about 6 hours from now.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I'm assuming your get it more like 6pm or a little after

Sent from my iPhone 5

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am still amazed iTunes 11.1 is not out yet for Windows, so will be very interesting to see what happens when people decide to do a restore and find they can't on iTunes. Or is Apple going to release it at the same time and cause chaos? I have the GM installed, so don't have my music or photos etc.. (no iTunes that works) but can use 3rd party to load, but still very odd that iTunes 11.1 was not available by Monday morning.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox