Why you shouldn't upgrade to iOS7 ...yet

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why you shouldn't upgrade to iOS7 (Yet...)

:eek: WHAT?!?! ohhh good grief Charlie Brown lol. I'm ready and willing....argggh. guess I'll wait it out for a bit. I actually need to wait any way till Apple pushes the 11.1 iTunes version for Win7 before i update, because I do still do iTUnes back ups once or twice weekly just as an "extra" in addition to my normal icloud backups.

ya just took the wind outta my sail Keith...:p

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
From what I've been reading since Beta 1 non Devs were doing everything they can to in a sense download it illegally so to advice them to wait when they see an official update isn't an easy thing to do. I waited long enough and have been preparing long enough. But I will wait to update my girlfriends i4 as adviced :)

Sent from my iPhone 5

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe he's saying not to upgrade. Just reminding you of possible "side effects" and things you should do prior to the update.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe he's saying not to upgrade. Just reminding you of possible "side effects" and things you should do prior to the update.

Yep. I get that. Judging from comments on the article, we're in the minority on that. :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

This is how I saw the article as well. His opening words were " I encourage you to exercise caution." Then at the end he states "There are a lot of good reasons to get iOS 7, but nothing in it is going to be helpful if you can't get your work done with your device. So if you can, wait a little bit before jumping in."

Makes perfect sense to me as I do plan on waiting a bit to update. :)

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I read the article, but I'm going to throw caution to the wind and download it as soon as I can. I like living on the edge! 😉

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
One reason... hmmm... no iTunes 11.1 yet? May confuse a lot of people when they go to do a restore?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Update and restore using iCloud. No reason to use iTunes. It's 2013.

A lot of us have loads of music that isn't purchased from iTunes. A third of my music library is like that. And iTunes Match isn't a good alternative for me. And from about the 700 songs I've bought off iTunes, why should I wait for them to download lol. That, and there are lots and lots of photo albums to sync as well.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I would think all the big apps, that most people use has been updated by now, or still is. Yesterday and this morning most/if not all of my apps were updated.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
A lot of us have loads of music that isn't purchased from iTunes. A third of my music library is like that. And iTunes Match isn't a good alternative for me. And from about the 700 songs I've bought off iTunes, why should I wait for them to download lol. That, and there are lots and lots of photo albums to sync as well.

True complex back ups. But in most simple terms iCloud should have 80^ of people covered.

Think last time I plugged into iTunes was last spring.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen