iOS 7 Release and GM seed

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
They are usually the same right? So my question is I have a bunch of bugs that still haven't been fixed and a few from the GM seed. So if they fix the bugs wouldn't the final version be a little different than the GM? I mean I guess if none of the bugs are major it might be in the .01 update. Who thinks it will be different from the GM?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
From everything I've read/observed it would be very rare for a general release to have a different build number from the GM... the first round of bug fixes will be in the 7.0.1 release - the quicker that comes out will tell how many and how "critical" the bugs being addressed are...

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
From everything I've read/observed it would be very rare for a general release to have a different build number from the GM... the first round of bug fixes will be in the 7.0.1 release - the quicker that comes out will tell how many and how "critical" the bugs being addressed are...

Makes sense since GM is the last version developers test their apps on prior to release of their ios 7 update to their apps. It wouldn't make sense to release another build that developers haven't seen prior to release of their ios 7 compatible apps. Sure there are still some minor bugs, but Apple had to stick to their deadline and had to get the GM out. I'm not surprised at all that they already have 7.0.1 to fix these bugs.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm 100% confident it will be the same build number tomorrow. If it isn't, I'll go ahead and download tomorrow's
release. I wouldn't count on it though. I can see a quick .01 release though. I think we had that for iOS 5. Must
have been like 8 or 9 days after the initial release.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I'm 100% confident it will be the same build number tomorrow. If it isn't, I'll go ahead and download tomorrow's
release. I wouldn't count on it though. I can see a quick .01 release though. I think we had that for iOS 5. Must
have been like 8 or 9 days after the initial release.

I don’t recall them ever being different. The blogs are already reporting that versions 7.0.1, 7.0.2 and 7.1 are well into development... so we should see an update within about 10 days or less.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've heard the 5S & 5C got iOS 7.0.1 updates today

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've heard the 5S & 5C got iOS 7.0.1 updates today

How can they when they're not even released yet? :)

I saw a tweet from one of the usual mongerer of rumors saying 7.0.1 would be offered as an install from the get-go on the 5C & 5S and the build number increments +1 of the GM release.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Here's my next question. At the event Apple said iWork for mobile was going free. I thought it was just for new iOS devices but a friend of mine told me it was for all devices running iOS 7. I'm running the GM seed, yes I am a dev, lol. I haven't been prompted to download the free apps. Anyone out there that installed iOS 7 been prompted?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Here's my next question. At the event Apple said iWork for mobile was going free. I thought it was just for new iOS devices but a friend of mine told me it was for all devices running iOS 7. I'm running the GM seed, yes I am a dev, lol. I haven't been prompted to download the free apps. Anyone out there that installed iOS 7 been prompted?

Restore as new and find out :p

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Not I.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The build for iOS 7.0.1 for the 5C/5S is 11A470a according to icj_ on twitter

I’ve seen two different builds mentioned... I guess at this point, the correct answer is "dunno", especially since we don’t have the 5S/5C to confirm... but any lower case alpha suffix on a build number typically indicates beta/test... hence beta 6 was 11A4449d; GM is 11A465). Time will tell.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73