HELP Iphone 5 recovery loop. No power button.

Aryan Sharma2

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh boy. This one's got me in a cold sweat.

Being the ***** I was, I hit "Erase All Content and Settings" on a jailbroken iphone5 running 6.1.2.

THEN I see, after 15 minutes, what an ***** I was.
My power button is broken, and I can't hard reset.
:crying:I'm in desperation. Someone please help! *sob*

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thread moved to the Jailbreak forum for better exposure.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
If its an iPhone 5 it's under warranty still?have you considered getting it replaced?

Well he can't really use Apple's warranty as a back up plan, to my knowledge, because once he had jailbroken his device he voided the warranty on it. Honestly the way i see it is that you have two ways to fix it, one is send it to a third-party company and get it fixed there or open it up and see if any of the wires need any soldering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Well he can't really use Apple's warranty as a back up plan, to my knowledge, because once he had jailbroken his device he voided the warranty on it. Honestly the way i see it is that you have two ways to fix it, one is send it to a third-party company and get it fixed there or open it up and see if any of the wires need any soldering.

If he's in a bootloop, no way for Apple to know he jailbroke it so they will attempt to restore it there for him or replace the device

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Hardware would still be replaced.

How would they verify the jailbreak if they can't see anything because it's in a bootloop?

The "voided warranty" is lip service at this point as it can't be enforced.