Will iOS7 support the games and apps of the earlier versions?

Piyali Roy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Its an open secret that mobile has become a great media of entertainment in today's world. Most of the users have been tied up with ad networks like appnext or admob or revmob or chartboost, who have been constantly feeding with newer mobile apps and games. My question remains whether all the games will be compatible with the new iOS?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Its an open secret that mobile has become a great media of entertainment in today's world. Most of the users have been tied up with ad networks like appnext or admob or revmob or chartboost, who have been constantly feeding with newer mobile apps and games. My question remains whether all the games will be compatible with the new iOS?

That is totally up to the games' and apps' respective developers. It?s totally on them. If the games are financially viable for them, there should be no reason for them to not update/support the new version of iOS.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Remember this, all apps that work on iOS 6 should automatically work on iOS 7. The only differences will be developers that optimize their apps to the new experience.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Remember this, all apps that work on iOS 6 should automatically work on iOS 7. The only differences will be developers that optimize their apps to the new experience.
Not necessarily.

I have an app... the GoComics app from Universal Syndicate that worked fine on iOS6... didn't work on iOS7 until it got updated yesterday.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily.

I have an app... the UClick GoComics app from Universal Syndicate that worked fine on iOS6... didn't work on iOS7 until it got updated yesterday.

Hey, I said should! The vast majority will work fine. There will be those few that don't, but hopefully they will get updated.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Google Translate appears to have become unusable on iOS 7. Hasn't been updated since six months before the iPhone 5 came out, as it's still got the letterboxing.

Probably a casualty of the Google-Apple wars -- either Google doesn't want us to have the functionality, or Apple is coming out with its own thing later.

Oh well.

Piyali Roy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
It is said that the games and apps are cont compatible until one downloads the updates. Do the companies like appnext, admob or revmob also provide such updates? Another pertinent question remains whether the developers will optimize and provide the versions free.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2