IOS 7 GM version can't decline calls

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
For those who say "just tap the power button," you are missing the true point of the Decline button. It gives you the option to send a quick reply text to the caller, like "I'm in a meeting" or "I'll call you right back." This is a truly beneficial feature when you need to let the caller know that you are ignoring their call for a reason.

The reason why it could be missing when the phone is locked, is because it allows you to send a text message to someone when the phone is locked and you may have it turned off. However, you can "supposedly" allow this feature under Settings>General>Passcode Lock>Reply with Message. However, I too have found that this is not working even when enabled. That's the true question and the true problem.

Have you let Apple know how you feel?

Apple - iPhone - Feedback

agrove

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
This is a bug.... i checked if dialer number is not saved in your contact list...it will not give you option to decline....but if its from your contact list you will get decline option.....i dont think double tapping your lock button is good idea....

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I find it kind of annoying. It's obviously designed to be that way, I had the same thing on ios6. From contacts you can deny, others you can't unless using the double tap power. To end the call at your leisure should be a basic function for a phone. Hopefully they'll add it back sometime. Not a deal breaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Luis Padilla1

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Dear Fausty82, please stop telling people to just use the sleep button as if it were some sort of "everybody should already know this" feature. Apple did indeed remove a very good and often used feature from the iPhone. Using the sleep button is not intuitive as it requires reading the manual or searching the Internet to learn how to do this. The correct response to people is to tell them the truth about its unfortunate removal, advise them to complain to Apple about it, and that the sleep button method is currently a back-up method of declining calls.
:mad:

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I believe the OP is asking the way to "decline", not "dismiss" a call even when in a lock screen. S/he does not want the caller to even access the voicemail, enabling the caller to leave a message.
Double pressing the sleep button simply sends the caller to the voicemail.

1. There is no decline button when in the lock screen. I believe this is a safety feature to prevent accidental pickup/hangup (while in a pocket etc). That, I understand.

2. When you are in any other screen, such as doing something else with the phone, both answer and decline buttons appears.

3. The only way I know of to decline the call from the lock screen without first sliding the green button (answer) is to slide it UP, which shows the decline button.

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
3. The only way I know of to decline the call from the lock screen without first sliding the green button (answer) is to slide it UP, which shows the decline button.
Bingo. That is how it's done. If it just had a decline button when locked (always there, without having to swipe up first), you could accidentally pocket decline calls.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods