Beta 6 to gm

isaac3232

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey
Right now I'm on the beta 6 and people said before that any new version that will be released I will be able to update via ota. So why can't i do so with the gm release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey
Right now I'm on the beta 6 and people said before that any new version that will be released I will be able to update via ota. So why can't i do so with the gm release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I don't know why specifically. All I know is that you can't so login to your developer account and download the GM and then connect your device to your computer, fire up the iTunes app and then upgrade or wait until the 18th and see if Apple makes the official iOS 7 release available OTA.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I always betted that it had something to do with the GM being a non-activation required release. The beta's all need developed activation to do OTA, whereas the GM doesn't. With required activation, it assured Apple that only registered developer devices are receiving the update. Something they cannot do with a GM release, which is why only registered developers can download from the portal.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I always betted that it had something to do with the GM being a non-activation required release. The beta's all need developed activation to do OTA, whereas the GM doesn't. With required activation, it assured Apple that only registered developer devices are receiving the update. Something they cannot do with a GM release, which is why only registered developers can download from the portal.

Not really sure if that?s why or not... but there were plenty of people running the betas whose devices weren?t registered with the dev program. Just look around the forums... so not sure that had anything to do with Apple's logic in this.

To the OP... the bottom line is that iOS 7 GM not available as OTA and you have to use iTunes to get there from here.

The public release may be OTA, but not sure if it is, if it will work going from the beta releases... you can install GM now via iTunes or wait until Wednesday to see.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2