Update 4S from Jailbroken 5.0 to 6.0.1/6.1.1/6.1.2?

Studiosamurai

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I've done some trawling already and I have been unable to find a satisfactory answer, so I thought I'd ask here.

I have an Iphone 4s jailbroken on iOS 5.0

I have the following SHSH blobs saved on both cydia and locally on tinyumbrella: 3.1.3, 4.2.1, 5.0.1, 5.1.1, 6.0.1 & 6.1.2

I would very much like to update to either 6.0.1/6.1.2 (so I can keep the JB with evasi0n) as I'm starting to notice new apps aren't compatible with anything less than iOS6.

My question is, is there any way I can update to 6.1.2/earlier using my SHSH blobs?

I have tried updating to 6.0.1/6.1.1 using official ipsw's in itunes but I get an error 11 code when I try.

The consensus as I understand it is that apple aren't signing anything other than 6.1.3 and so it's stick with 5.0 or wait until an exploit for 7.0 is released, but I thought the point of saving the SHSH blobs was to bypass signing with apple's server completely?

I'm using itunes 11 on OSX 10.6.8 fyi.

Apologies to those who would claim 'this has been asked before/lrn2search' - as I said I have searched extensively and found no definitive answer in this particular scenario.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You're stuck where you are or have to wait for iOS 7, as you said. The point of shsh blobs is to circumvent the servers yes, but they require an exploit to be found. The 4 has one (limera1n) but the 4S does not. That's why you're stuck.