iOS 7 final release same day as iPhone 5s event?

Tryptykon

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
iOS 7 final release same day as iPhone 5S event?

Hey everyone,

So I was browsing through my Feedly feed and I came across this....

iOS 7 available to the public on September 10th according to developer email | The Verge

The Verge is reporting that Nuance (the company behind Siri) is sending out emails to developers claiming that the iOS 7 will be released to the general public the same day as the iPhone 5s event. If this deems to be true I am going to be one happy camper.;)

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 7 final release same day as iPhone 5S event?

It's highly possible. If We don't see any more developer builds, we could easily see the release after the event.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Releasing a new iOS on announce day of a new phone is how Apple has historically done things... this isn't really that big a deal...

Tryptykon

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

ah ok didn't know that. I'm fairly new to the whole Apple's announce this and update on the same day process and I guess I got a little overexcited

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

ah ok didn't know that. I'm fairly new to the whole Apple's announce this and update on the same day process and I guess I got a little overexcited

Heh, heh... it happens... it’s hard to temper the excitement sometimes... it will be here soon... :)

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Releasing a new iOS on announce day of a new phone is how Apple has historically done things... this isn't really that big a deal...

I've known of a GM release around or on the day the new phone is announced but I thought historically the new OS wasn't available to the public until the following week? At the very least with iOS 5 and 6.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Usually the GM has been available to developers a couple of days before the event and released to the public on the day of the event.

Iphone 5 event was Sept 12, 2012 and IOS 6 was released to public on September 19
Iphone 4S event was October 4, 2011 and IOS 5 was released to public on October 12
Iphone 4 event was June 7, 2010 and IOS 4 was released to public on June 21

Admittedly it is not a big deal. But in fairness to the OP, I think his/her surprise by this is justified.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I've known of a GM release around or on the day the new phone is announced but I thought historically the new OS wasn't available to the public until the following week? At the very least with iOS 5 and 6.

Ooops.. yeah, I meant releasing the GM on the event day...

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Ooops.. yeah, I meant releasing the GM on the event day...

I'm assuming the email in the article may be incorrect, but even if not, they most certainly have to seed a GM to developers ahead of release, correct?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I'm assuming the email in the article may be incorrect, but even if not, they most certainly have to seed a GM to developers ahead of release, correct?
One would think... I've seen several places reporting the GM would go out to carriers & Apple insiders on Sept. 5th... and to developers 9/10... we'll see what really happens...

ajsberrybold

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

iOS 7 release...NFL season almost here....can't get any better than that! :) #TheWaitingGame

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Can't come soon enough for me. I'm itching to have it.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

The days are winding down guys. iOS 7 is just around the corner and I'm excited as all get out. I remember when the betas were first coming out. I'm glad I didn't end up trying the betas out. Everything will be brand new and just completely awesome. Haha.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

It's SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dancing::party::dancing:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

GM is fine with me for September 10th. It's the same build they'll release to the public the next week so I'll
install it ahead of the public.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods