Will you be using auto app updates on iOS 7? [Poll] : Via iMore Blog

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
[h=1]Will you be using auto app updates on iOS 7? [Poll][/h]
Personally i would prefer now and more than likely when iOS 7 is launched to continue manual updates. I check iTunes weekly unless I see a badge with numbers on my iPhone letting me know I have updates. Of course if i reads about an interesting update on the blog and use the app I will update. More than likely I will continue this path, We shall see. As Rene stated and made it a [POLL] what would you do?

Will you be using auto app updates on iOS 7? [Poll] | iMore

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'll probably use the auto update feature in regard to my apps, especially if I can continue to revert back to a previous version from an iTunes backup like I can now.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I might but I have one concern. suppose its in the middle of an update and suddenly loses connection. I've had this happen already when I'm updating an app, and then suddenly the app is half updated and won't load or do anything and sometimes is stuck that way till i get home and sync with itunes after updating there.
so if apple has it download in the background without touching the app till AFTER its downloaded completely, then I'm game. if it downloads and grays out the app, then maybe not. It could decide to update google maps right in the middle of me using it, hit a cellular dead zone, and then have me screwed.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm still going to do manual updates but it would be nice if I could get notifications on my lock screen when app updates are available

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Being as I update every app now, I don't really see a reason not to use this feature. I do like to see what updates come though. Will there be no notification of what apps were updated?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No. I'm one of those who likes to see if there are any issues with an update before going ahead and just doing it.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have auto app updated enabled but only on wifi. Wouldn't want to use my 6GB for updating games on cellular. I don't see the whole point of people arguing this feature developers push out updated and your phone updated it automatically. Very rarely do updated break or remove features that users use.

Sent from my Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have auto app updated enabled but only on wifi. Wouldn't want to use my 6GB for updating games on cellular. I don't see the whole point of people arguing this feature developers push out updated and your phone updated it automatically. Very rarely do updated break or remove features that users use.

Sent from my Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

Only apps that are 50 MB or less would download and update over 3G/4G/LTE anyways if you allow auto app updates over "cellular data"

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Only if its on an app-by-app basis like it is on Android. I prefer to be in control in case my favorite app gets a borked update. I'm looking at you, Tapatalk. :/

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Only if its on an app-by-app basis like it is on Android. I prefer to be in control in case my favorite app gets a borked update. I'm looking at you, Tapatalk. :/

Nope, it's either all apps or none. But I wouldn't be surprised if Apple adds this in an iOS 7.x update

jrdnlc

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll be using auto app updates for sure. One less thing to worry about and having to keep constantly checking.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox