Should I update iOS 7 for my iPhone 4?

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I plan on updating my 4, but only after it is officially released and been used by most for awhile :D.

Sent from my sweet sassy iPhone

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any reason not to. Even though the 4 won't see all of the new features that are in iOS 7, I think it will run perfectly well with the update. :)

draztikrhymez

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend that is a developer and he uses a iPhone 4 as his developer phone instead of his daily driver that's a 5. Gotta say iOS 7 on the 4 lags here and there, it is still in beta so we'll see how ironed out it gets.

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
IOS 7 I found ran well on the iPhone 4 but it was quite the power hog and my phone could only be on for 3 hours before it started to run out if charge, this bug should be fixed by the time it will be released fully but at the time stick with 6.1.3 even after the release unless you wanna carry a charger with you at all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

anon7833325

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
The iphone 4 would be missing the new multitasking (where it shows previews of the apps) and the new air drop feature. There's a couple other features that the iphone 4 won't get but I can't think of them at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
The features missing in iOS 7 for the iPhone 4 are the filters in camera, panorama view, Siri and AirDrop.

So four more of many Apple apps (Game Centre, Stocks, Weather, Mail, Passbook, Newsstand) I wouldn't use anyway...?

;-)

098v

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
So four more of many Apple apps (Game Centre, Stocks, Weather, Mail, Passbook, Newsstand) I wouldn't use anyway...?

;-)

Same for me but I check the stocks once in a while ya know just so I know when's the best time to buy things from Apple and what-not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morrison Abels

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
hi please can u intro me to your developer friend. i need to unlock my iphone 4 that is locked to orange (i dont know the country probably switzerland) if not can u suggest an alternative for me pls t will appreciate it thanks. ps im in nigeria west africa

jridgers

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 on Verizon Wireless and I got iOS 7 the minute it was available. Honestly, I wish I hadn't. Not that iOS 7 is horrible, it's different and that isn't a bad thing. But I have noticed that there is more lag now than I had before and I really believe most of the UI and apps are designed to optimally work on iPhone 5, 5C, and 5S displays and not the smaller 4 or 4S displays. My battery doesn't last nearly as long as it did with 6.1.3 and I've done all the recommendations I've read the last few days about optimizing the battery performance. Also, if you use "non-Apple certified" charging cables they will stop working with iOS 7. I had to dig out my original Apple cables to get my phone to be able to charge correctly.

Overall, I think iOS 7 is okay, but wish I had a newer device to run it on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods